Spoke to the team | The Boneyard

Spoke to the team

Reaction Score
Many of you were part of our family’s journey as our daughter 14 y/o daughter Aubrien was granted a “make a wish” opportunity with the men’s team two years ago.

I was able to speak to the team last night about their theme for the season “Everything.”

How our daughter was grateful for everything that was done by the UConn family, including you guys.

How even on her death bed, she was such a light and grateful for life.

It was an amazing honor given by amazing people running our men’s program.

And we’re grateful for all of you who helped in that season of our lives.

Good vibes. Go Huskies.

-Mariano Jimenez

IMG_1318.jpeg

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Thank you for sharing, Mariano. During the post season last year I was wondering what the bracelet Coach Hurley was wearing was about, with the words "Light of Aubrien" on it, so I did some research. That's how I came to know about your daughter and your family's story. What a remarkable example of faith in God, even amidst pain and heartache. To know Coach Hurley and the men's program were such a source of encouragement is a great reminder that life is about much more than wins and losses on the basketball court, but about having a relationship with God and serving others as we serve Him, and that He enables us to make a difference in the lives of others.

Reaction Score
From someone who has also had a child move onto eternal life these heartbreaking things are truly life changing. My son passed away 17 years ago and not a day goes by that I don’t feel his loss. I know he is rooting like crazy for his Huskies. Ricky Moore was his favorite player. Thanks for sharing your story.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thank you for sharing. All the best to you and your family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom