Spoke to Coach P Today... | The Boneyard

Spoke to Coach P Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As part of my job, I got a tour of the Burton Family Complex with some semi-important people. Let me first say that the place unbelievable. The pictures/video's don't do it justice...

Also- as we were walking by the coaches offices Coach P was in a meeting and he came out to say hi to us, someone asked him who was playing QB on Saturday and he said.. quote:

"I"ll tell you, we are going to play all 3. They all do some things very well and we want to see what all 3 can do before we completely make a decision"

Now he could be just saying that-- but there was no press around and this was a casual conversation so I doubt he would just be saying that.. take that for what its worth.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. Interesting...I would assume that if Nebrich burns his red shirt, this is more than a test and he is the leader.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Definitely will be interesting. Am watching the Louisville game on my work computer and true Freshman (and 4/5 star dual threat QB recruit) Teddy Bridgewater had a comically bad first series. Two or three false start penalties followed by a Delay of Game call and capped off with a bad INT on 3rd and very long. Doesn't necessarily mean anything for Nebrich but was certainly interesting to see.

Reaction Score
Some other notes from the visit:

-- one member of our group commented on how nice a get it was for him to get the transfer from BC he said... "oh we got another one on the way soon"

-- Saw two people in the lobby waiting for someone, one had a 49ers polo shirt on, one had a redskins shirt on. No idea what for..

-- The person who gave us a tour of the complex is high up in the AD's office. We spoke about the situation with the game. He said that the National Guard was the one who didn't want to move, not the Gov's office, and they finally came to an agreement to use the end of the runway/UTC's property so that the game could go on. In his words..."we were 2 hours away from going to Yale when we finally came to an agreement"

Reaction Score

-- one member of our group commented on how nice a get it was for him to get the transfer from BC he said... "oh we got another one on the way soon"

-- Saw two people in the lobby waiting for someone, one had a 49ers polo shirt on, one had a redskins shirt on. No idea what for..

-- The person who gave us a tour of the complex is high up in the AD's office. We spoke about the situation with the game. He said that the National Guard was the one who didn't want to move, not the Gov's office, and they finally came to an agreement to use the end of the runway/UTC's property so that the game could go on. In his words..."we were 2 hours away from going to Yale when we finally came to an agreement"

Great info 05Husky! Thanks for sharing that with us. Because of the circumstances under which they were mentioned, I would suggest that they have a high level of credibility. Go Huskies!!!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We need some recruiting gurus to figure out who the other potential transfer is...

Reaction Score

Two BC kids recently left...think they were starters on defense...just hope we don't become the home for wayward eagles

Reaction Score
Two BC kids recently left...think they were starters on defense...just hope we don't become the home for wayward eagles
if their starters want to come here i'll take any of them. a lot of these transfers may be local kids and it'll help recruiting if their BC commits start transferring. obviously we don't want to become a place where BC kids go if they can't get on the depth chart, but if they're starters the more the merrier.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that coach P wants to give the QB's all a shot in game situations. If you're one of those guys, what more could you ask for? A real competition and some game experience. It's not going to threaten our season to do this and will probably strengthen the depth chart by letting the coaches see where each guy is at and what they need to work on. We may also end up with the right guy back there.

Reaction Score
I look at it a little differently. These are kids who obviously aren't happy. They probably call their HS coach back home and (if they are northeast kids) are told to check out UConn because of a past relationship they may have had with Coach P. Its probably too early too see P make a huge difference on the recruiting trail, but maybe we will see it first in terms of transfers.

Reaction Score

Who were the starters who transferred Skiblets?

Reaction Score
They lost their starting safties, Legrande and Okoroha. Okoroha had some baggage and was dismissed for a poor atitude. It was an attempt for the coach to show that he means business. It was followed 2 days later by Legrande unexpectedly leaving the team. I don't think the coaches message was recieved properly.

Legrande is a SR who didn't redshirt and Okoroha is a jr who used his RS year. Not sure Coach P is looking for a transfer that would only have 1 year of eligibility unless he filled a hole. Will be interesting to watch what happens.

Reaction Score
We don't have gaping holes at Safety next year (Junior will be back and they are high on Jones down the road). It's hard to believe we'd be interested in taking a Safety for one year unless you believe you are getting all-conference level play out of them.

Edsall did not like the concept of transfers. He would do it at QB, but almost never otherwise. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about whether we should be more receptive. I'm not against doing anything that makes you better, but I'm not sure there is a large amount to be gained by bringing more in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom