Spoiler - USA men vs Lithuania (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Spoiler - USA men vs Lithuania (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The game is on now. Breaking news - NBA players can play tough defense!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Looks like today's refs are the sons of the crew that screwed us in '72 vs. the USSR! ;)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Lithuania giving USA all they can handle.....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
US started out looking unbeatable, not so much now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Whew, dodged a bullet there, pulling out a 5 point win. But the defense - where did it go?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
danged if I know....I missed the first quarter and most of the 2nd, and wasn't sure who I was watching until I read the jerseys. The score flip-flopped a few times before USA pulled it off. Learning experience.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
danged if I know....I missed the first quarter and most of the 2nd, and wasn't sure who I was watching until I read the jerseys. The score flip-flopped a few times before USA pulled it off. Learning experience.

I remember some of those names though on Lithuania from NCAA games...Kaukanes (sp) I remember giving UConn a hell of a time when we played the Hall

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just saw a game that shows how this team could lose and not win the Gold Medal. Poor defense, fouling and not hitting their 3 point shots. LeBron took over the game down the stretch to enable Team USA to win. Still the game was closer then it should have been as Team USA played poorly in the last two minutes.

Reaction Score
Just saw a game that shows how this team could lose and not win the Gold Medal. Poor defense, fouling and not hitting their 3 point shots. LeBron took over the game down the stretch to enable Team USA to win. Still the game was closer then it should have been as Team USA played poorly in the last two minutes.
So in other words, they have to play their worst game possible while their opponent plays its best game possible?

Yeah, I'm still liking USA's chances.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lithuania is not as good as Russia and Spain and this should have been an easy win for Team USA. They could play better then they did today and still lose to Spain. What concerned me about today's game, is Team USA wasn't able to play lock down defense and gave up too many easy layups and open looks.

So in other words, they have to play their worst game possible while their opponent plays its best game possible?

Yeah, I'm still liking USA's chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01