Split The Regular Season in Half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Split The Regular Season in Half

Reaction Score
14-0 1.000 = A+
5-7 .416 = F
Second half is incomplete and can move up to at most a D over the last 5 games.
You didn't follow the assignment.....OOC (11-0) is grade 1 & BE to date (8-7) is grade 2. So you get an F for not following instructions ;)

The answer is:
. OOC > A+ (exceptional)
. BE to date > C+ (slightly above average)

Reaction Score
"Split the Regular Season in Half"

Grade the 11 OOC games
Grade the 15 Big East games

5 regular season games remain

Please don't be either a math or English teacher.
All the thread title needs is "half" in quotes and it's kosher ;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for your help!

Hopefully with your clarity those who refused to give a grade will now be able to.

What is your grade for our performance in the 11 OOC games?

What is your grade for our performance in the 15 Big East games?
I'm rigorous in approaching and promoting any season as a one-game-at-a-time thing.

Without giving a closer re-look, I think it's safe to say that if considered as 11 I dividuslly-graded tests, the OOC schedule would average out to no less than an A. I don't object to regarding the body of work as akin to a semester.

The 15 conference games, if comprising a semester can avoid a letter grade and be considered an incomplete thus far. All conference opponents play 20 games and the same opponents home & away, varying only in terms of their all playing the 10 teams that are not themselves. The mixture & scheduling really only balances things out to give a true picture oafter the fact.

I'll pause now, and consider whether I want to go through the 15 games and come up with an average.

Doing so may not be so big a challenge, but I'm also inclined to imagine that my average would need me to do similarly with some other terms to make the exercise meaningful. THAT may be too big a task, so that I ended up sticking w/ Incomplete.
All the thread title needs is "half" in quotes and it's kosher ;)
I clouding yours (which I'd do w/single quotes as 'half,' there are several workarounds that would accomplish as much. I opted for the schoolteacher joke, and the response in good humor got me to reconsider my initial, "No thanks; off-purpose" POV.

I also looked for the Kosher
K symbol for fun, but only ®, ©, and ™ available,
It helps that I'm now in an unexpected airport layover.

Reaction Score
A+ OCC
C- Big east

D- to all the linguists and content police for complaining about ‘half’ the question and complicating an easy assignment

How much are we adding to the Big East SOS by being undefeated OOC and mid pack in conf?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How much are we adding to the Big East SOS by being undefeated OOC and mid pack in conf?
Our OOC record has to be impacting the Big East having 5 teams in the Top 25 poll, and 3 Top 15 teams in the NET and Kenpom rankings.

On December 26th, when UConn was AP-ranked 2nd, Xavier was ranked 22nd, and Marquette and Providence got 12 & 6 votes respectively.

At the time, there were posters expressing concern about how few Quad 1 possibilities there would be for UConn in a 2-3 bid league.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You didn't follow the assignment.....OOC (11-0) is grade 1 & BE to date (8-7) is grade 2. So you get an F for not following instructions ;)
It's always fun when I fun to get a clue that there's a 'missing' post, and then see it's by one of the few posters I ignore, along with a solid reminder of why.
The answer is:
. OOC > A+ (exceptional)
I took a look at the Big East games and came up with a B- average prior to the final 5 games. That may seem high to some, but I don't think it's high enough to do much post-season damage.

The final five games are 5 more single serving tests that I hope will show recognition of growing edges issues, and successful response in addressing them...

One
Game
At
A
Time

PS - Thanks toward you and @UConnSwag11 for letting my various TSA check-in line typos slide. It served as another connecting point to motivate this end-of-daylight hours diversion, with boarding time still 2½ hours away.

To draw from "Fight Club," maybe there's a single-serving Valentine somewhere to be found in Terminal C...as I look up from my screen and see an observant young Jewish woman davening into her siddur. Oh wait, there are two.

Very different vibe from OCNJ.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The answer is:
. OOC > A+ (exceptional)
Im an idiot. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Who would you rather put out there for the bulk of the game? He’s so much better at everything else (every single aspect of defense, effort, ball movement, leadership/energy).

When we need points badly (down in last 8ish min), yes he needs to go. Put alleyne in, or run double big with Sanogo/Clingan. But AJ impacts the game on too many levels to sit him. There also aren’t many other good options for extended minutes. Diarra is just as silent on offense 90% of the time and has been throwing the ball away lately. Joey C has been in a pretty big slump since the new year.

Hurleys challenge should be to create offense that allows him to stay on the floor, more so than sitting him.
I’ll answer that when I know the plus / minus on Jackson vs Clingan. And I’m sure it’s not even close in favor of Clingan. The player that won MVP in the early season tournament earn we started out 14-0 is now playing 5/7 minutes a game and we have lost 7 of 12, it’s not all about Jackson vs Clingan but it’s definitely a factor. Clingan plays 15+ minutes a game we go undefeated, we’re ranked 2nd and there’s a national debate about whether we’re the best team in the country, Clingan plays 5/7 minutes ( a couple each half) and we’re 6th in the Big East. It’s obviously not the only issue but it’s definitely an issue. If you and the rest of the BY that gave me a dozen dislikes for criticizing Hurley think Jackson should’ve been in the game taking I think 4 shots in a row ( all misses) near the end ( which is exactly what the opposing coach wanted) wasn’t coaching malpractice then I don’t know what to say. JMHO

Reaction Score
We beat the #53 team in the country?? Wow! Why didn’t someone make up t-shirts?? Of course we also lost to #66 and #99, but those don’t matter when you kick the daylights out of #53, baby!

We started the season 14-0 against a very soft schedule. 2 tough games on neutral courts in a tournament. If you don’t get that those are abnormal conditions I don’t know what to tell you. When we got into league play we’re there is much more equality of talent, we are so far a 500 team. Well technically a game over 500.

Reaction Score
Almost like a decently overpriced wine at a nice restaurant. You’re too embarrassed to admit the wine isn’t good when the server offers you a taste, so you live with it. But you know that bottle is 10x cheaper in the stores. They do the same thing, get you feeling right. But the restaurant knows how to go into your pocket.

But you like the waiter, he’s a nice guy. Sometimes even too nice. He hits on your wife enough to make you laugh, but enough to upset you. The whole experience could have been better if you went to Arby’s. It’s dependable.
I wasn't sure if you were comparing Alleyne to the wine, but the entire post was funny to read and made me laugh :)

Reaction Score
If you and the rest of the BY that gave me a dozen dislikes for criticizing Hurley think Jackson should’ve been in the game taking I think 4 shots in a row ( all misses) near the end ( which is exactly what the opposing coach wanted) wasn’t coaching malpractice then I don’t know what to say. JMHO
Never disliked your post. Responded to you saying Clingan needs to be in more. Also mentioned that Ajax can't be on the floor for the end of close games...But sure, we can lump me in...

Reaction Score
Never disliked your post. Responded to you saying Clingan needs to be in more. Also mentioned that Ajax can't be on the floor for the end of close games...But sure, we can lump me in...
I think he can be in if we are winning. But not if we r down.

That’s what happened against Marquette. I think he was on the bench with 4 fouls last 4 min when we were down. And we scored 6 points. Once we got up he came in for end of game D.

I would like to give Hurley credit for the substitution pattern, but I think it was the fouls that kept Jax on the bench not in game adjustment

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom