Split The Regular Season in Half | The Boneyard

Split The Regular Season in Half

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Give a grade from our first game of the year to our last OOC game.

Give a grade from our first Big East game of the year to this past Saturday at Creighton.

Reaction Score
A+
B-

I don’t think the world is falling quite as much as others. We’ve been extremely competitive lately, and playing good against really good teams. Seems we’ve turned the corner on the defensive effort.
Now back to the offensive grind

Reaction Score
For real. This isn’t the AP poll, this is just a thread on a message board. Not even near the craziest thread either Lol.
It's admittedly the person asking the question that made me respond that way, but I just think it's dumb to give a grade at this point. The last 5 Big East games are a huge factor in that assessment. 12-13 wins is a lot different than 10 or 11

Reaction Score
It's admittedly the person asking the question that made me respond that way, but I just think it's dumb to give a grade at this point. The last 5 Big East games are a huge factor in that assessment. 12-13 wins is a lot different than 10 or 11
Yeah we can revisit at the end of the Reg season for sure. Just don’t think its that ‘out there’ of a thread

Reaction Score
It’s a message board. Sheesh

A
C

Word is out on AJax, gotta think the wins during OOC would be different if they replayed them now.
And our clueless coach can’t figure out what the entire world knows … that Jackson can’t shoot ( and he gets to see him in practice every day). He’s either that stupid that stubborn or most likely both. JMHO

Reaction Score
And our clueless coach can’t figure out what the entire world knows … that Jackson can’t shoot ( and he gets to see him in practice every day). He’s either that stupid that stubborn or most likely both. JMHO
Who would you rather put out there for the bulk of the game? He’s so much better at everything else (every single aspect of defense, effort, ball movement, leadership/energy).

When we need points badly (down in last 8ish min), yes he needs to go. Put alleyne in, or run double big with Sanogo/Clingan. But AJ impacts the game on too many levels to sit him. There also aren’t many other good options for extended minutes. Diarra is just as silent on offense 90% of the time and has been throwing the ball away lately. Joey C has been in a pretty big slump since the new year.

Hurleys challenge should be to create offense that allows him to stay on the floor, more so than sitting him.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Who would you rather put out there for the bulk of the game? He’s so much better at everything else (every single aspect of defense, effort, ball movement, leadership/energy).

When we need points badly (down in last 8ish min), yes he needs to go. Put alleyne in, or run double big with Sanogo/Clingan. But AJ impacts the game on too many levels to sit him. There also aren’t many other good options for extended minutes. Diarra is just as silent on offense 90% of the time and has been throwing the ball away lately. Joey C has been in a pretty big slump since the new year.

Hurleys challenge should be to create offense that allows him to stay on the floor, more so than sitting him.
Here’s thing with alleyne we supposedly recruited a scoring guard/swing, he shot 37% at VTech from 3, blah blah blah, dude is shooting same as Jackson from 3

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
14-0
5-7 (2-5 vs other BE contenders) both wins at home.

Really need to win the remaining 5 if we don't want to rely on the BET for seeding

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Here’s thing with alleyne we supposedly recruited a scoring guard/swing, he shot 37% at VTech from 3, blah blah blah, dude is shooting same as Jackson from 3
Almost like a decently overpriced wine at a nice restaurant. You’re too embarrassed to admit the wine isn’t good when the server offers you a taste, so you live with it. But you know that bottle is 10x cheaper in the stores. They do the same thing, get you feeling right. But the restaurant knows how to go into your pocket.

But you like the waiter, he’s a nice guy. Sometimes even too nice. He hits on your wife enough to make you laugh, but enough to upset you. The whole experience could have been better if you went to Arby’s. It’s dependable.

Reaction Score

Eh, not all 28%s or whatever it is are made equal. Alleyne creates spacing even if he isn't scoring a lot ornvery effeciently. Jackson's man is happy to stand 15 feet off of him. The difference in the team spacing on offense between the two is pretty tangible.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
But you like the waiter, he’s a nice guy. Sometimes even too nice. He hits on your wife enough to make you laugh, but enough to upset you. The whole experience could have been better if you went to Arby’s. It’s dependable.
If I'd jumped the gun and disliked the posts that made this possible, I'd be feeling regret.

Reaction Score

Give a grade from our first Big East game of the year to this past Saturday at Creighton.
14-0 1.000 = A+
5-7 .416 = F
Second half is incomplete and can move up to at most a D over the last 5 games.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

"Split the Regular Season in Half"

Grade the 11 OOC games
Grade the 15 Big East games

5 regular season games remain

Please don't be either a math or English teacher.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"Split the Regular Season in Half"

Grade the 11 OOC games
Grade the 15 Big East games

5 regular season games remain

Please don't be either a math or English teacher.
Thanks for your help!

Hopefully with your clarity those who refused to give a grade will now be able to.

What is your grade for our performance in the 11 OOC games?

What is your grade for our performance in the 15 Big East games?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
14-0
5-7 (2-5 vs other BE contenders) both wins at home.

Really need to win the remaining 5 if we don't want to rely on the BET for seeding
You really can’t compare when in all honesty 8 of the first 14 were wins before the tip. I mean had we lost to Stonehill, in their first D1 game, Gampel would have collapsed. Alabama and Iowa State were the only real games. Florida is .500. Ok State is 16-9, Oregon is 15-11. Then we started the NEWBE with the 2 bottom dwellers. It was sort of a smoke and mirrors 14-0. And as I say when people bring up these computer rankings, teams change as the season progresses. Some improve. Some decline. A win over Team X in November ought not be given the same value as one in January.

Reaction Score
You really can’t compare when in all honesty 8 of the first 14 were wins before the tip. I mean had we lost to Stonehill, in their first D1 game, Gampel would have collapsed. Alabama and Iowa State were the only real games. Florida is .500. Ok State is 16-9, Oregon is 15-11. Then we started the NEWBE with the 2 bottom dwellers. It was sort of a smoke and mirrors 14-0. And as I say when people bring up these computer rankings, teams change as the season progresses. Some improve. Some decline. A win over Team X in November ought not be given the same value as one in January.
We blew out #50, #2, and #16 on neutral courts. We blew out #29 at home and #53 on the road. There's nothing "smoke and mirrors" about the OOC results.

We've been exposed since then and Hurley needs to manage making adjustments to our approach while dealing with some fragile psyches, but discounting the start to the year is bogus.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We blew out #50, #2, and #16 on neutral courts. We blew out #29 at home and #53 on the road. There's nothing "smoke and mirrors" about the OOC results.

We've been exposed since then and Hurley needs to manage making adjustments to our approach while dealing with some fragile psyches, but discounting the start to the year is bogus.
What you label "bogus" is completely on-brand for a poster who perverts the phrase "in all honesty" whenever he uses it.

Your efforts to clarify the record are appreciated.

Reaction Score
This is one of the strangest teams/seasons I can remember. Our "A" game might be the best "A" game in the Country. We have a ton of weapons and when we are hitting threes we are virtually unstoppable.
-The problem.... we don't seem to have this "A" game very often anymore. It's 100% possible we clobber a #1 seed by double digits. It's equally as probable that we lose to a 12 seed after being ahead by 17 second half (see Seton Hall). i have no idea what team will show up on a given night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom