OT: - Speedy Claxton to Coach Hofstra | The Boneyard

OT: Speedy Claxton to Coach Hofstra

Reaction Score
Former head coach (and fellow Alum) Joe Mihalich stepped down for health reasons.

Claxton was an assistant under Mihalich for each of his eight seasons at the helm and personally, one of my favorite NBA players back in my teens.

Pretty cool to see a second straight alum to lead one of the best programs in the CAA over the last seven years.

Also, good to see black coaches getting a lot of these openings so far this offseason: Killings, Claxton, Stubblefield, Grant, Neptune, English, Woodson, Valentine, Smart, Davis, Shrewsberry...I'm sure there's more I can't think of now.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Former head coach (and fellow Alum) Joe Mihalich stepped down for health reasons.

Claxton was an assistant under Mihalich for each of his eight seasons at the helm and personally, one of my favorite NBA players back in my teens.

Pretty cool to see a second straight alum to lead one of the best programs in the CAA over the last seven years.

Also, good to see black coaches getting a lot of these openings so far this offseason: Killings, Claxton, Stubblefield, Grant, Neptune, English, Woodson, Valentine, Smart, Davis, Shrewsberry...I'm sure there's more I can't think of now.
That’s awesome. I loved Speedy Claxton when he was at Hofstra...gave me hope that a littler fella could ball with the best of em! Very cool promotion, hope he’s successful.

Reaction Score

I always loved Speedy Claxton and it's great seeing a bunch of black coaches getting head coaching jobs. I hope most of them are successful and I hope if some flame out it doesn't hinder any black guys in the future getting jobs, there's certainly a bunch of white guys who flame out and continue to get opportunities.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A great name that matched the game of the player.

Reaction Score
Since Claxton’s hire, he’s done a nice job retaining talent (five rotation players staying) and bring in talent through the transfer portal.

I checked out his haul and here’s the summary. Not bad for any team, excellent for an CAA team. Could be a real fun local team to follow this year:
  • Zach Cooks, 5’10 165 grad from NJIT, 17.1p, 4.9r, 2.2s, 33.7 3p% in 37.7 mpg
  • Darlingston Dubar, 6’6 207 sophomore from Iowa State, 2.3p, 2.4r, 14.4 mpg, former #184
  • Aaron Estrada, 6’4 210 junior from Oregon and St. Peter’s, 8.1p, 2.5r, 1.9a, 41 fg% in 19.4 mpg (St. Peter‘s stats)
  • Alejandro Vasquez, 6’3 200 junior from St. Bonaventure, 4.4p, 34.8 3p% in 13.4 mpg
  • Jarrod Simmons, 6’8 220 grad from Penn, 6.6 mpg, former #380

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom