OT: - Spectrum Cable Cuts Deal With NY State | The Boneyard

OT: Spectrum Cable Cuts Deal With NY State

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Many months back, NY State announced that Spectrum Cable/Internet/Phone would be tossed out of the state at the end of 2018 for lying about their internet speed and ripping off consumers, including yours truly. In areas like Saratoga, NY, where I live, Spectrum is the only option for packaging internet/cable/phone services. Spectrum is also the only cable option to get SNY in upstate NY. In addition to losing their 700,000+ NY customers, Spectrum was on the hook for the “orderly” transition of services to another provider.

Evidently, NY State AG Barbara Underwood has been quietly negotiating a deal with Spectrum that was announced today. Spectrum will pay $176 million dollars to NYS that will be distributed to 700,000+ customers in the form of a one-time refund of $75/$150, depending on services purchased, along with a package of free streaming services, for the right to continue operations in NYS.

As a result, I, along with 700,000 other New Yorkers, don’t have to worry about how we’ll be able to watch our beloved UConn Huskies, and we get a nice little Christmas present to boot.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice area. I’d been to Lake George before but got to include Saratoga this summer with two of my grandkids. What would life be without UConn on TV.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice area. I’d been to Lake George before but got to include Saratoga this summer with two of my grandkids. What would life be without UConn on TV.
My wife and I bounced around the country with our careers, but when it came time to retire, this was the place to be.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Many months back, NY State announced that Spectrum Cable/Internet/Phone would be tossed out of the state at the end of 2018 for lying about their internet speed and ripping off consumers, including yours truly. In areas like Saratoga, NY, where I live, Spectrum is the only option for packaging internet/cable/phone services. Spectrum is also the only cable option to get SNY in upstate NY. In addition to losing their 700,000+ NY customers, Spectrum was on the hook for the “orderly” transition of services to another provider.

Evidently, NY State AG Barbara Underwood has been quietly negotiating a deal with Spectrum that was announced today. Spectrum will pay $176 million dollars to NYS that will be distributed to 700,000+ customers in the form of a one-time refund of $75/$150, depending on services purchased, along with a package of free streaming services, for the right to continue operations in NYS.

As a result, I, along with 700,000 other New Yorkers, don’t have to worry about how we’ll be able to watch our beloved UConn Huskies, and we get a nice little Christmas present to boot.
I don't know where I'd be without Spectrum. I guess I won't be cutting the cord any time soon. Tonight at 6 pm I'm going to watch Baylor and Morehead St., then at 10 pm MSS and Oregon, of course.

Reaction Score
I work in Malta which is only 15 minutes from Saratoga.
I do not like them cable company.
I cut them several years ago.

I need a new way to watch Uconn. Anyone has any ideas?

Reaction Score

YouTubeTV. [LINK]

Reaction Score

Directv, Hulu Live

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:D Uhm.... $75-$150 bucks coming your way?
Now seems like a good time to throw you a hint for my Christmas present.
Granduke de  Alba.png

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
:D Uhm.... $75-$150 bucks coming your way?
Now seems like a good time to throw you a hint for my Christmas present.
View attachment 37505
This stuff as per a review on line, is aged 12 years in a solera, and then 6 more years in oaken barrels that once held sherry. I wish I got better as I aged! Definitely not the case. ;)

Reaction Score
I got addicted to this stuff in the Dominican Republic. Well worth the try if you can find it state side.
Lucky Guy lived in the DR. Some of those young women came to P.R. and inhabited the P.R.'s fine beaches: One look and you knew where they were from--Fine, just fine.

Reaction Score
My wife and I bounced around the country with our careers, but when it came time to retire, this was the place to be.

SPAC and great Irish sessions. Who could ask for anything more!

Reaction Score
Thanks guys for the help of alternate TV.
Last couple years I hooked up with Sling TV, but the thing is ESPN3 will black out every time SNY is carring the game due to My NY residency.

I'm tired of the BS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom