Special Teams- WTF ? | The Boneyard

Special Teams- WTF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ever since we've had Nick Williams, we have been a top returning (KO/P) team.
This year, all of a sudden, we are lousy here too (along with most other football categories, aside from "sacks allowed", and "most fans with apathy")

I would love to know whats going on here.
We have been going on and on about the offense being terrible, and recently, the defense also being terrible...
...but a halfway decent special teams return unit would go a long way for a team with our offensive (and by extension, defensive) deficiencies.

According to ESPN:
77th in KO Returns (20.6 avg)
26th in P Returns (12.3 avg)

We had the one great Punt Return against MD, and nothing before, and nothing since.

Also, espn says we have 2 punt returns for TD, but i can only remember the one against md ? what am i missing here ?

Reaction Score
you are missing that we suck and when a team sucks usually they suck at stuff.

Reaction Score
The other team's special teams are running around the field and tackling and stuff.

Ever since we've had Nick Williams, we have been a top returning (KO/P) team.
This year, all of a sudden, we are lousy here too (along with most other football categories, aside from "sacks allowed", and "most fans with apathy")

I would love to know whats going on here.
We have been going on and on about the offense being terrible, and recently, the defense also being terrible...
...but a halfway decent special teams return unit would go a long way for a team with our offensive (and by extension, defensive) deficiencies.

According to ESPN:
77th in KO Returns (20.6 avg)
26th in P Returns (12.3 avg)

We had the one great Punt Return against MD, and nothing before, and nothing since.

Also, espn says we have 2 punt returns for TD, but i can only remember the one against md ? what am i missing here ?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Nick looks scared every time he's under a punt..no?

Reaction Score
Nick has never been good at punt returns, lets way too many bounce, doesn't have the mentality to catch and dash. Better with head of steam and cut (kick returns). Doesn't help the punt return team neither trys to block punt or defenders, kind of like want to keep their unies clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom