Special Olympics Basketball | The Boneyard

Special Olympics Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
An update on the Bulldogs.

A little over a month into basketball season and we're looking good. We've scrimmaged against another team in practice a few weeks in a row now and have done well each time. Still need work on defense but we're doing much better than before.

We have an out of town tournament 2 weeks from Sunday and then our own the last weekend of March.
Looking ahead!

Reaction Score
Katie, what you are accomplishing with these youngsters is amazing. I had the opportunity to befriend Tony Hanson while I was at UConn and I need to throw him a shout out of recognition also. His work in England has been amazing working with special needs youngsters as well. Another excellent example of UConn people working for what is so important.

Reaction Score
HansonTony_kidslg.jpg

Thought you'd get a kick out of this. Link: http://www.uconnhooplegends.com/menslegends/HansonTony.html
Great guy, great kids.

Reaction Score
Katie, what you are accomplishing with these youngsters is amazing. I had the opportunity to befriend Tony Hanson while I was at UConn and I need to throw him a shout out of recognition also. His work in England has been amazing working with special needs youngsters as well. Another excellent example of UConn people working for what is so important.
If by 'youngsters' you mean me, then yes. I'm one of the youngest on my team, Special Olympics is mostly adults and a few teenagers.
I plan to coach when my playing days are over.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing with us Katiecrum. Running with the big dogs is fun, but for most of us the special Olympics and kids teams are really what it's all about.
Please let us know how things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer