Sparks @ Lynx - 9/24/17 | The Boneyard

Sparks @ Lynx - 9/24/17

Reaction Score
Couldn't believe the refs didn't call a foul on LA ..

Reaction Score
When Linx made the layup to take the 1 point lead and the crowd & Linx were celebrating I said to myself, don't celebrate yet there's more than enough time for LA to score, and they did! Great game though! You can't get down 20+ points early it takes too much out of you to come all the way back!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Great game. About what I expected. Should be a great series.

Reaction Score
Good win, but I thought Augustus on Gray was not a good match up for Minn.
Well there was little else they could do. They knew that Chelsea was either going to take the last shot or at least facilitate the last play via a drive. They thought at least Augustus length and leaping ability would be able to hinder her shot which was something the other smaller guards weren't able to do the previous couple of times down the court. Perhaps they should have put Maya on her but she had 5 fouls so they could have been trying to protect her in case of over time. They really had no one who would have been a good match up at this stage of the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Trailing 28-2 to start, Minnesota took 2 leads in the last minute, but L.A. made a shot on the last possession to win yet again. Wild, wild game!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Good win, but I thought Augustus on Gray was not a good match up for Minn.

Wait, what? Nothing wrong with Seimone's defense on that last play. Gray made a fade-away shot over Augustus and Moore who had come over to double. Credit to Gray on making a tough shot.

I missed the first half and I was actually surprised Minnesota came back to actually take the lead. Interesting that Maya ended up playing the 4 for a good part of the game, something I suggested might be a good lineup for the Lynx a few weeks back. Brunson played so tentatively that Reeves had no choice but to pull her. Parker made it easy for the Lynx by hanging out at the perimeter even with the smaller Moore guarding her.

As many predicted, the Lynx had no answer for the Sparks's backcourt. Considering how much time the camera spent on Parker you would have thought she was the star of the game. It really wasn't one of Parker's better games.

Pressure on the Lynx now.

Reaction Score
Have to admit Chelsea Gray is the star of this game. She made some really tough shots.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Nothing wrong with Seimone's defense on that last play. Gray made a fade-away shot over Augustus and Moore who had come over to double. Credit to Gray on making a tough shot.

I missed the first half and I was actually surprised Minnesota came back to actually take the lead. Interesting that Maya ended up playing the 4 for a good part of the game, something I suggested might be a good lineup for the Lynx a few weeks back. Brunson played so tentatively that Reeves had no choice but to pull her. Parker made it easy for the Lynx by hanging out at the perimeter even with the smaller Moore guarding her.

As many predicted, the Lynx had no answer for the Sparks's backcourt. Considering how much time the camera spent on Parker you would have thought she was the star of the game. It really wasn't one of Parker's better games.

Pressure on the Lynx now.

IMO Jia had been doing a good job of overplaying Chelsea on the left, which is why she struggled in the first half. Augustus was not pressuring like Jia had, thus giving Chelsea the space she needed for her fade away to the left, her favorite shot.

Reaction Score
Well there was little else they could do. They knew that Chelsea was either going to take the last shot or at least facilitate the last play via a drive. They thought at least Augustus length and leaping ability would be able to hinder her shot which was something the other smaller guards weren't able to do the previous couple of times down the court. Perhaps they should have put Maya on her but she had 5 fouls so they could have been trying to protect her in case of over time. They really had no one who would have been a good match up at this stage of the game.

Maybe Howard.... she's nimble for her height.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There is a great photo of Chelsea's shot in the Washington Post. It looks as if Seimone practically has her hand on the ball. But Chelsea's fall-away allowed her to get it off.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. The angle on that picture doesn't show the gap and there is another that does. Plus, she had retreated on Gray then was late getting back to her. I just don't understand why we would let the ball go to her in the first place as Gray was probably the only Sparks player in a groove at that time. Maya was great but after Carson missed those free throws we should have been ready for anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom