Sparks @ Lynx - 7/06/16 | The Boneyard

Sparks @ Lynx - 7/06/16

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The best teams in the league, by far.
Agreed. Much as I dislike the Sparks, I believe in the long run, Grey will be better for them than Tolliver. The star of that team the past 2 years has been Nneka. I'd like to see team USA take a serious look at her and think she'd be a phenomenal replacement for Catchings...

Reaction Score
DEF2rb0VYAAG2Og.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Asjha Jones is #30 in career scoring at 4,004 points. Maya will be #30 shortly.

This game has championship intensity. 39-20 Minnesota. The Lynx bench has 19 points, led by Rene with 11. She looks SHARP!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Renee was one of the big stars for the Lynx. Good for her, but great overall team win. Nneka is clearly the best player for LA. Parker's had a nice season but was a no show today. And Gray is a star for them too...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Candace had 2 points and 3 boards in 32 minutes. Is she sick or hurt? Does Agler know?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Only caught the last few minutes. Looked like the Lynx were trying to run almost everything through Fowles in the low block down the stretch. Yeah, Parker was a total no show.

Reaction Score
Not one of the "talking suits" mentioned the fact that yes LA won the Finals but were basically given the title by the inept refs that refused to review Neka's basket that occurred after the shot clock went off! The WNBA announced that the refs made a major mistake possibly costing MN the Championship!
IMHO I think it should be mentioned every time that game is discussed as it was outrageous and embarrassing to the League that that result was left to stand! I don't know what could have been done but something had to happen other than awarding to LA the Championship on a refs wrong decision.

Reaction Score
People seem to always for conveniently forget the key refs mistakes that gave MN the previous game and the chance to even play that last game. I wonder if they are having ice cream to o along with those cherries that were picked.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
People seem to always for conveniently forget the key refs mistakes that gave MN the previous game and the chance to even play that last game. I wonder if they are having ice cream to o along with those cherries that were picked.

Some people seem to forget :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score

willtalk- - -The WNBA League offices only commented the next day on the Neka basket being AFTER the 24 second clock went off!
If the previous mistake was as bad as you say the WNBA would have commented on that as well!
WBB referees in both College and the WNBA are the worse refs in any sport so they most likely made at least 50 calls wrong during that game alone, I only mention the last mistake that the WNBA League offices took the time to comment on to the media! Poor referees are the single biggest detriment to the League and must be solved!

Reaction Score
Maya is still struggling with her shot. I hope the All Star break clears her head a little.

Reaction Score

The 8 sec backcourt is a non-reviewable judgement call. If they miss it, it's like all the other judgement calls they miss. The shot-clock expiration is reviewable, but the lead ref forgot about the rule about checking it right away with under 2 min remaininh, until somebody reminded him. This was a much more egregious mistake to me.

Reaction Score
I hoped the Minnesota win would finally help quiet down the never-ending, on-going talk about the referees last year. It's far exceeded the level of Phoenix fans talking about the foul called at the end of Game 2 of the 2015 playoffs match up.

Reaction Score
willtalk- - -The WNBA League offices only commented the next day on the Neka basket being AFTER the 24 second clock went off!
If the previous mistake was as bad as you say the WNBA would have commented on that as well!
WBB referees in both College and the WNBA are the worse refs in any sport so they most likely made at least 50 calls wrong during that game alone, I only mention the last mistake that the WNBA League offices took the time to comment on to the media! Poor referees are the single biggest detriment to the League and must be solved!
They commented because they had to explain why the play was not reviewable, The calls in the previous game were missed or just bad calls which are not usually commented on.

Reaction Score
They commented because they had to explain why the play was not reviewable, The calls in the previous game were missed or just bad calls which are not usually commented on.

willtalk- - -But the Neka basket WAS reviewable, under 2 mins. left, the head ref forgot to review it and when it was mentioned later it was too late to change that decision! No Championship should be decided by incompetent refs, let the players decide in game time!
Baylor lost in the Regional final game to TN on a questionable foul call with.05 sec. left in the game that could have been called either way, Baylor & TN, and were tied let it pass and go to the 5 minute overtime to get a true winner. TN got 2 free throw attempts making both winning the game and sending TN to the FF!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom