Spamalot ... lots of it! | The Boneyard

Spamalot ... lots of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Since the Boneyard moved to its new site the email address that I used to sign up on it has become inundated with spam; up to 16 offers for Nigerian cash a week plus a load of smelly phish. This is my first problem with spam since I installed this OS and connected to DSL. None of our other email addresses have a problem. Has anyone else noticed an increase in spam since switching to the new Boneyard site?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i have a very strong spam blocker - in fact, i can only receive emails from people who are approved. cuts way down on the junk.

Reaction Score
Hmm... I thought you were going to see Spamalot at the Oakdale.

Nope, no spam here. Spam, Spam, wonderful Spam!!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Same amount of junk mail I got before I joined this board (and fortunately my Mail application puts most of it directly in the trash). Nothing changed when I joined. So, Grizz, your situation sounds like a coincidence.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have had a recent increase, too, but it is hard to attribute it to this site. My spam catcher grabs it and holds it for review.

Reaction Score
Since the Boneyard moved to its new site the email address that I used to sign up on it has become inundated with spam; up to 16 offers for Nigerian cash a week plus a load of smelly phish. This is my first problem with spam since I installed this OS and connected to DSL. None of our other email addresses have a problem. Has anyone else noticed an increase in spam since switching to the new Boneyard site?

No.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Maybe it's an attempt to get the bears off their diet of salmon and on to consuming spam?

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
I had had a similar thought.

How did you two get to be popular posters? You're not too popular with me right about now. Having taken the taste test, I much prefer spam over phish.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
LOL!! No increase in SPAM here. wouldn't eat it, either, and same goes for the phish if it smells bad

Reaction Score
Hmmmm... maybe. I have rather suddenly been getting bits and pieces of spam lately, but I hadn't traced it to a source. It might have started after I signed up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom