Sox: "Official" scorer...... | The Boneyard

Sox: "Official" scorer......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching the game the other night I now know why Pedey has a decent average and has just 4 errors....all happened in one game and even the Schill laughed them off.

The ground ball up the middle that Nunez caught was a nice play, but when you have a guy by 3 steps and you're a MLer and don't make the throw, it's an E6 period........

Then ARod, of all people, hit s a soft one upper to Pedey right at him, he bobbles doesn't get him at first and it's a hit?

WOW is all I can say........that's like Johnny Most homerism there, awful scoring by the Sox dude. That's LL scoring by a dad with his son AB....lol!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The reason they don't give errors there is they feel its unfair to give an error to a SS on a throw when its incredible that he even gets the ball in the first place.

This is also why Errors and Fielding Percentage are a total joke.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
After watching the game the other night I now know why Pedey has a decent average and has just 4 errors....all happened in one game and even the Schill laughed them off.

The ground ball up the middle that Nunez caught was a nice play, but when you have a guy by 3 steps and you're a MLer and don't make the throw, it's an E6 period........

Then ARod, of all people, hit s a soft one upper to Pedey right at him, he bobbles doesn't get him at first and it's a hit?

WOW is all I can say........that's like Johnny Most homerism there, awful scoring by the Sox dude. That's LL scoring by a dad with his son AB....lol!!

This happens in every ballpark.

Reaction Score

You're right. Pedroia's entire career is a sham based on favorable home scorekeeping. The Rookie of the Year, MVP, Silver Slugger, the Gold Gloves . . . it's all home cooking.

Your post is the definition of sour grapes. Don't be mad that your team is garbage.

Reaction Score
I like Pedroia and I am obviously exaggerating on how these 2 things happened the other night for all of you tight f'ers!! LOL

Reaction Score
You're right. Pedroia's entire career is a sham based on favorable home scorekeeping. The Rookie of the Year, MVP, Silver Slugger, the Gold Gloves . . . it's all home cooking.

Your post is the definition of sour grapes. Don't be mad that your team is garbage.

Wow Crack at his finest again.........for one I meant to post on baseball board! But in case you haven't been reading I don't think much of my team and I'm pretty sure if you could read you would know that!! But having said that if garbage is 7 games out in the loss column then what was that travesty your team put on the field last year big mouth huh? LOL..........;)............and we have triple A guys all year............watch what you ask for the wild card teams are knocking on your teams door hard!!:D

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Pedey would CERTAINLY not play 2b in the Bronx!!!!!:)

Only for the next month or so. I'm pretty sure the Yankees would take him for next season.

Reaction Score
Pedroia is the epitone of a ballplayer. As a Sox fan, I am thrilled to have him. He plays the game the way I wish all mlb players would.

Reaction Score
It's laughable to me that people even still care about errors/fielding percentage. Pedroia's a tremendous defensive player, but it has nothing to do with how many errors he makes - his range is exceptional and he gets to balls few second baseman in the league can even knock down.

Reaction Score

Six back in the loss column, a ton of games left with divisional opponents, getting healthy and swinging the bats well? Obviously the odds are against the Yanks but I wouldn't write 'em off just yet.

Reaction Score
It's laughable to me that people even still care about errors/fielding percentage. Pedroia's a tremendous defensive player, but it has nothing to do with how many errors he makes - his range is exceptional and he gets to balls few second baseman in the league can even knock down.

No doubt about how good he is and how tough he is but "exceptional" is relative.......he gets to what he can and dives very often, missing many which take away from exceptional......he's real real good though. If we didn't have Cano he would be next no doubt........

Reaction Score
I guess the Red Sox brought the official scorer with them. A routine ground ball to Scurato he boots it and it was called a hit

Reaction Score

E-4 period. Official scorers are rotated and some are more homers than others. But my question for you is , why do you care?

Reaction Score
E-4 period. Official scorers are rotated and some are more homers than others. But my question for you is , why do you care?

Why would I not point that out would be a better question for a baseball fan who was watching a Yankee/Red Sox game and saw the obvious error in judgement. But I guess I understand why you would ask that....because you're a Red sox fan......and you only care about what the Sox players do while watching them I guess? :confused:.......it's a baseball game, it was right at him, if it was Dobrist at home I would ask the same. Again OBVIOUS!!

Why do you care if I care?

Reaction Score
Why would I not point that out would be a better question for a baseball fan who was watching a Yankee/Red Sox game and saw the obvious error in judgement. But I guess I understand why you would ask that....because you're a Red sox fan......and you only care about what the Sox players do while watching them I guess? :confused:.......it's a baseball game, it was right at him, if it was Dobrist at home I would ask the same. Again OBVIOUS!!

Why do you care if I care?
Official scorers are irrelevant unless they are scoring a no hitter or some other milestone game. Press are usually official scorers not baseball people so I don't really care about their opinions on a scoring a play. They don't effect anything. You are right, that was an obvious f-up. I'd feel the same way if it happened the other way around; not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom