Southerland | The Boneyard

Southerland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guy was 6-7 on three's yesterday and he's 5-5 on three's in the first half today, he also is a wonderful plagiarizer.

Reaction Score
When he's hot, he's great. When he's not, he is a completely worthless basketball player. It's amazing to me that a senior who's been with a program for four years could not have picked up a single additional skill during that time. Rashad Anderson thinks Southerland is one note.

Reaction Score
Law of averages will catch up to him against Georgetown, or better yet, in the second half.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of big guys in the nba that lost all their athleticsm late in their careers and just became spot up three point shooters like Donyell and Sam Perkins, thing is Southerland won't sniff the nba.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of the posts about him being a one trick pony. What's kind of interesting is I'm pretty sure he was the only player to cleanly block an Andre Drummond dunk attempt last year (the game in Storrs).

Reaction Score
Sunderland trash . The guy takes the worst shots I've ever seen. How does one get a green light like that? it's absurd. Poor mans donte green?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sure looks like Pitt's double-bye curse will continue. Pitt not getting behind the zone. Robinson and Moore need to get in the corners and start making some 3s. Also, flow going completely around Adams, which is stupid. Pitt should be manhandling these turkeys.

Reaction Score
I will say this and I have told everyone this for over a year now..

I say.."If Sutherland went to Uconn he would be a first round draft pick..."

He is just another Cuse player whose skills and potential seem to deteriorate each year while in the program. At the very least, I can say without question there are a laundry list of touted Cuse Players and athletically gifted players which either simply get worse or never reach their anticipated potential. Chris Joseph, has tremendous athletic ability and was great in his first two years and never developed the individual skill to defend or create his own shot. Paul Harris the same to an extent. CJ Fair still cant use his right hand and is way under utilized in that system. If BOOOhiem. ran that double down screen where fair curled to his left and Sutherand popped out the other side every possession they would have beaten Us by 10 this year. DemanDorf, Rick Jackson, and Brandon Triche..and so on..There certainly isn't one player from that program who leaves a better defensive player .

Calhoun and his staff (and from Wolf and Nolan this year - Ollie will too) are able to develop players individually as well as within the team.
With Sutherland
You cant teach 6'7"
great wingspan and great hands
Sutherland has a very quick and compact shot especially for his size
elevates on his shots (almost impossible to block)
runs well off screens
but he cant create his own shot or defend or pass in the open court or set screens or help on defense or rebound..

If he went to NBA U he would be a first rounder!! I honestly believe that.

Reaction Score
I, one day, hope LeeLee will be given the green light in the upcoming seasons..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom