South Florida went down | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Florida went down

Reaction Score
USF is a good team, nothing more, nothing less.
Jose is a good coach, nothing more, nothing less.
They happen to match up pretty well with U Conn but this loss was a pretty sad one.
They have a long way to being a strong team and one taken seriously.
As I stated previously, when have they beaten a top notch program?
Someone commented is OSU a top program. Think that comment was somewhat sarcastic as they haven't demonstrated that either.
There are only three or maybe four consistently strong programs, another three or four trying to become that and time will tell if they can reach that level on a regular, consistent basis.
And there are a few that used to be, one in particular that's not yet close.
Bronx23
They miss Courtney Williams.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This loss is not going to set well with Fernandez, the players or the USF fan base. They were not happy being placed in UConn's bracket again this year. A first round exit makes that a moot point. IF USF is serious about challenging UConn for conference supremacy, and gaining the respect they think they deserve, they can begin by winning these types of games first.

@Scoop, unfortunately for Jose' there's a U near Disneyworld that is going to rush right by him. UCF has a better formula for success.

Reaction Score
South Florida went down

...as has Central Florida.

upload_2018-3-19_11-55-9.png

I guess we're now the AAC's orphan child again and must Keep Calm and Carry On. :D

And we shall!

Reaction Score
too bad for Jose’s team. I was hoping they would go further.
But they should not have been assigned to our region. It would be beyond boring if UCONN had to play them yet again this season.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, The Big East disbanded and then reformed, took the same name, and invited back schools that had no football programs. UConn girls can't join unless they ask UConn in general. They may not want the boys team, and the football team will eliminate them asking us to join. The girls have no open invitation. If my memory is wrong I am sure my post will be corrected rather quickly .

Not quite right. The Big East renamed itself the AAC. The Catholic 7 left as they had no interest in a football centric league minus Syracuse, Pittsburgh etc. The AAC which still had the rights to the name, the records and tournament money, sold it (the name, Big East) to the Catholic 7.

Reaction Score
South Florida went down

...as has Central Florida.

I guess we're now the AAC's orphan child again and must Keep Calm and Carry On. :D

And we shall!
Oh my! I slighted Cincinnati. I should have included them in the post season results. They lost too. :oops:

So we're still the AAC orphan. Gee it's lonely at the top. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I still miss Courtney Williams' elevation in her jump shot.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
USF is a good team, nothing more, nothing less.-AGREED
Jose is a good coach, nothing more, nothing less.-AGREED
They happen to match up pretty well with U Conn but this loss was a pretty sad one.-NOT AT ALL
They have a long way to being a strong team and one taken seriously. -AGREED
As I stated previously, when have they beaten a top notch program?-AGREED
Someone commented is OSU a top program. Think that comment was somewhat sarcastic as they haven't demonstrated that either.-COMPLETELY DISAGREE
There are only three or maybe four consistently strong programs, another three or four trying to become that and time will tell if they can reach that level on a regular, consistent basis.
And there are a few that used to be, one in particular that's not yet close.-MAYBE YOUR TOO RESTRICTIVE IN DEFINING STRONG PROGRAMS
Bronx23
I always appreciate your input as kind, considerate and thoughtful even if I don't particularly agree with it but I always respect it. If I may offer a "different perspective" for you where I disagreed:
USF in 2018 has lost 70-54; 82-53; 100-49
In 2017 100-44; 96-68; 102-37
In 2016 75-59; 79-59; 77-51
In 2015 92-50; 88-65; 84-70;
In 2014 81-53; 63-38;
Closest game was 14 points and 16 points and at no time was UConn in any serious trouble. Most games have been blow outs so to say they match up with us is not correct.

Whether we like McGuff or Kelsey Mitchell should not have any bearing on what the program has actually accomplished, which I think plays too heavily on our minds over here. They have won or tied the Big 10 Championship each of the last 2 years, have been to 25 NCAA tournaments, been national runner-up and has a pretty good coaching pedigree with Tara Vanderveer, Jim Foster and Nancy Darsch. They are a top program. Not elite.

My definition of consistently strong is always in the NCAA, making the round of Sweet 16 regularly, occasional FF and winning the conference on a consistent basis. The teams that qualify under that are Baylor, SC, ND, Stanford, Maryland, OSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Louisville and with upstarts Oregon St, Oregon, Texas and Miss St. I also consider Duke, FSU, Georgia other schools more in than out of the top echelon.

Again, I always respect your consideration so please do not be offended by my perspective.

Reaction Score
Too many Europeans that don't know how to play tough D. If you lose to UConn by 15, how in the world do you get blown out by Buffalo? Strange team indeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom