South Florida (22) @ Baylor (2) - 11/19/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Florida (22) @ Baylor (2) - 11/19/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, Cox’s absence is being felt much more on offense then defense. With her out, the offense needs to be more guard oriented. Multiple turnovers resulted from trying to post up Nalyssa Smith as if she was Kalani Brown. She is not that kind of player and needs to get the ball in space to make her moves. The rebounding needs to be better too.

This reminds me a lot of the Arizona State game last year. A little trouble breaking in a new point guard against her first real opponent, and just general sloppy play. I expect improvement in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
Surprisingly, Cox’s absence is being felt much more on offense then defense. With her out, the offense needs to be more guard oriented. Multiple turnovers resulted from trying to post up Nalyssa Smith as if she was Kalani Brown. She is not that kind of player and needs to get the ball in space to make her moves. The rebounding needs to be better too.

Yea it made no sense why Kim kept trying post Smith up like that, she is not that kind of player. Egbo is fine doing that but she has struggled to not turn the ball over.

Just seems like Baylor is extremely stagnant on offense. They really haven't gotten anything going from outside which does go back to the poor ball movement. Everything revolves around going inside every time.Baylor seems to thrive running in transition but not much of that so far.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey skinned a leopard for that coat she's wearing.

Reaction Score

kim is about to lose it

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Seems like a great game but I'm not giving ESPN an extra payment to watch sports. They've got a bunch of channels that they arm twisted cable companies to carry. So now they are going to broadcast junk on one or all of them while good competitive games are being isolated for an extra $4.99 a month on ESPN+. That's BS. They got viewership used to watching content on ESPN 3 (Another advertising source for them), and now they want to hold back some of the better stuff hoping people will pony up. I will not do it.

OK - enough of the rant. Glad to see South Florida pushing Baylor. It may not go down to the wire but I'm glad for them and Jose!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Seems like a great game but I'm not giving ESPN an extra payment to watch sports. They've got a bunch of channels that they arm twisted cable companies to carry. So now they are going to broadcast junk on one or all of them while good competitive games are being isolated for an extra $4.99 a month on ESPN+. That's BS. They got viewership used to watching content on ESPN 3 (Another advertising source for them), and now they want to hold back some of the better stuff hoping people will pony up. I will not do it.

OK - enough of the rant. Glad to see South Florida pushing Baylor. It may not go down to the wire but I'm glad for them and Jose!
I believe that in order to watch the Dayton game next Tuesday live, you have to have ESPN+. I am starting my free trial this weekend.

Reaction Score
I just started watching this game after the UConn game ended. But is USF not a three point shooting team this year? They're missing a lot of shots around the basket

Reaction Score
Cooper has wasted multiple possessions tonight driving into the lane out of control into a bunch of USF jerseys

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear all the excuses from the Baylor fans.

No sugar coating it. This is what happens when you spend the first two weeks of the season playing exhibition games against bad junior high teams. Beating up on the Ailing Orphans of the Blessed Infirmary doesn't do much to prepare you for actual competition.

Reaction Score
Baylor looks confused without Cox out there. Chemistry isn't there.

Egbo missing too many bunnies and turning the ball over. No clue what Cooper has been doing tonight.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear all the excuses from the Baylor fans.

No sugar coating it. This is what happens when you spend the first two weeks of the season playing exhibition games against bad junior high teams. Beating up on the Ailing Orphans of the Blessed Infirmary doesn't do much to prepare you for actual competition.

They'll get a chance to recover against Lamar before taking on mighty Washington St.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
People love to dump on UConn's conference, but this is what the mighty Baylor has done in **home** games against South Florida:
  • beat them by 3 points in 2015, and
  • limped to a 12-point win after leading by as little as 1 in 3Q.
Speaking of the 2015 game, did Baylor ever make the trip to Tampa to play USF? Or was that not part of a home-and-home?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While I would like to pile on Baylor, I think they are still pretty freakin good AND so is USF. Egbo looked good, too many fouls but still impressive That said, BU does not have an outside game AT ALL and they are very beatable. Still a top team but not heads above others like so many were saying. If Cox, as post player really is the glue to keep your guards from turnovers and your forwards from fouling, I am more impressed, dubious and in disbelief but if true, impressed. I will need to see it.

Reaction Score
While I would like to pile on Baylor, I think they are still pretty freakin good AND so is USF. Egbo looked good, too many fouls but still impressive That said, BU does not have an outside game AT ALL and they are very beatable. Still a top team but not heads above others like so many were saying. If Cox, as post player really is the glue to keep your guards from turnovers and your forwards from fouling, I am more impressed, dubious and in disbelief but if true, impressed. I will need to see it.

After this game, @LoTrader can now also add Baylor...along with UConn in which 4 teams from the PAC-12 that can beat Baylor. :D

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really ugly game last night. So many airballs and missed easy shots inside. Egbo had a good statline of 16/10 but fouled out, had 6 TO and only 2-8 from the line. Still looks quite raw offensively.

Cooper did not impress last night....too much one on one action and never got her team into a flow offensively. They missed Cox last night. I'd also like to see more minutes from Ursin, she's so high energy and a great athlete. Fun to watch and picks up the intensity too.

For USF, Mununga was the best player on the court last night. Really active on the glass and has a good midrange shot. Early season game that looked like an early season game. Both teams will improve.

Reaction Score
I got a little bored so I went back and looked at the comments on this board from the Baylor/Arizona State game from last year, which went a lot like this one offensively.

A lot of similar comments about the offense with sloppy play and turnovers. Just like Chloe Jackson in that game, this was Te'a Cooper's first time running the offense against a team with a pulse. It was bound to have some rough patches, but they will get cleaned up and Baylor will be fine.

Reaction Score
I think Baylor is still one of the top teams in the country but they will have to adjust their play with the makeup of this team this year.

Losing brown and Jackson were major losses. Brown in the paint opened up a lot on the outside for Baylor last year. Chloe was one of the best pure mid range shooters in the game. I don’t think Cooper brings much consistency with her mid range game. I just don’t think cooper will have near the same impact Chloe had.

Copper was playing one on 5 last night. That will have to change.

I saw a Baylor team last night that was extremely stagnant on offense. There did not seem to be a big plan offensively but go inside. Egbo played well but literally gave away like 8-10 points between missed free throws and missed layups. Baylor will need to find a perimeter game to compliment its post play. Too many turnovers as well from players trying to play individualized basketball.

It’s still extremely early though. Really thought Baylor could have used more of Moon Ursin last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom