South Carolina @ Maryland next season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina @ Maryland next season

Reaction Score
I have a STRONGGG feeling that Ashley Owusu will be a star and scorer similar to players like Arike Ogunbowale, Chennedy Carter, Asia Durr, Kelsey Mitchell, Kelsey Plum. Have you seen her highlights? It's just natural for her.

She has star player written all over her. I agree, everything just seems to be natural for her. Maryland has lacked a true PG a bit since Slocum left. Mikesell is a shooting guard. Brenda certainly has some big time talents heading her way. If they can find a way to take care of the ball more and buy into some defense, they can be an extremely deadly team next year.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Looks like our game against the Gamecocks next season just got a little easier.

I'm not sure why you think that; 2 of the 3 transfers barely played and the 3rd was always in Dawn's doghouse. MHH has a world of talent, but didn't always appear to have the desire. I guarantee you, there will be some grad transfers incoming.

Reaction Score
I have a STRONGGG feeling that Ashley Owusu will be a star and scorer similar to players like Arike Ogunbowale, Chennedy Carter, Asia Durr, Kelsey Mitchell, Kelsey Plum. Have you seen her highlights? It's just natural for her.
I think Ashley Owusu will be very good. Out of the 5 players you mentioned, I think she is closer to Asia Durr than any of them. Maybe Kelsey Mitchell. But the player I am looking forward to seeing is Diamond Miller. She'a a taller Kaila Charles with an outside shot.

Reaction Score
I think Ashley Owusu will be very good. Out of the 5 players you mentioned, I think she is closer to Asia Durr than any of them. Maybe Kelsey Mitchell. But the player I am looking forward to seeing is Diamond Miller. She'a a taller Kaila Charles with an outside shot.
The player she reminds most of is Chelsea Gray with her vision and passing. I don't about any of the other recruits, but if she's Charles with a shot that's great. I look forward to seeing Blair Watson get better.

Reaction Score
The player she reminds most of is Chelsea Gray with her vision and passing. I don't about any of the other recruits, but if she's Charles with a shot that's great. I look forward to seeing Blair Watson get better.
I want to see the 2017-18 Blair Watson before the injury. That was a really good player. She will probably be the 6th player for 2019-20.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maryland and South Carolina agree to home-and-home in 2019-20 and 2020-21

Maryland will make the trip to Columbia, S.C. for the 2020-21 rematch.

Two potentially great games.

Nobody should be complaining about Maryland's OOC schedule for the 2020-21. @ South Carolina, UConn and a good ACC team. .
What about 2019-20? And you're promoting that they will play 2 known teams and maybe a good 3rd in 2020-21? Doesn't the schedule allow for 12 OOC games? She has a strong set of players who need to be tested to get better. Due to this soft strategy, her teams always under perform come NCAAT. I want to be a believer but I can't...:(

Reaction Score
What about 2019-20? And you're promoting that they will play 2 known teams and maybe a good 3rd in 2020-21? Doesn't the schedule allow for 12 OOC games? She has a strong set of players who need to be tested to get better. Due to this soft strategy, her teams always under perform come NCAAT. I want to be a believer but I can't...:(
The only two quality games I expect next season are South Carolina and the ACC game. They may play a good team in the Thanksgiving tournament. Maryland plays a total of 29 regular season games. With 18 games in the Big 10 that leaves 11 OOC games.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The only two quality games I expect next season are South Carolina and the ACC game. They may play a good team in the Thanksgiving tournament. Maryland plays a total of 29 regular season games. With 18 games in the Big 10 that leaves 11 OOC games.
Don’t you see that as a problem? I went to 3 of the MD games this year and plan on more next year as I like the potential but they need to play better teams to get better. Brenda playing all her local MD schools doesn’t help them in growth.

Reaction Score
Don’t you see that as a problem? I went to 3 of the MD games this year and plan on more next year as I like the potential but they need to play better teams to get better. Brenda playing all her local MD schools doesn’t help them in growth.
I agree. Maryland's WCBB fans been calling Brenda out on this for years. Maryland need to stop playing Maryland Eastern Shore, Coppin State and those types of teams and play Georgetown, George Mason and American University. At least the 202-21 schedule should be decent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom