South Carolina getting hosed | The Boneyard

South Carolina getting hosed

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SC's defense has held Clark to 3 points in the second quarter.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw at least 2 obviously fouls on Cardoso that were ignored, probably 4-5 plays where South Carolina traveled and no call. Also only 1 foul that I'm aware of when they were pursuing an offensive rebound. They are not getting hosed by the refs.

Reaction Score
I saw at least 2 obviously fouls on Cardoso that were ignored, probably 4-5 plays where South Carolina traveled and no call. Also only 1 foul that I'm aware of when they were pursuing an offensive rebound. They are not getting hosed by the refs.
The envy of and therefore disdain for Caitlin Clark runs deep on the Boneyard, nwhoopfan, and obviously Vasily isn't among BYers' favorite refs, either.:rolleyes:

SC will likely win this game, possibly easily, but it surely is fun to get to see one more exciting WCBB game this season.

Cheers for both teams for putting on an entertaining show for us!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The envy of and therefore disdain for Caitlin Clark runs deep on the Boneyard, nwhoopfan, and obviously Vasily isn't among BYers' favorite refs, either.:rolleyes:

SC will likely win this game, possibly easily, but it surely is fun to get to see one more exciting WCBB game this season.

Cheers for both teams for putting on an entertaining show for us!
She's extremely popular, but I think there's also a lot of backlash against her. I have a feeling that most of the WNBA players are going to be lining up to try to make her rookie year difficult.

Reaction Score
But I don’t think SC is getting hosed
From what I'm seeing, it looks more that they didn't pick up on how the refs were calling fouls fast enough. Towards the end of the 2nd quarter, Johnson was able to defend Clark really tight without any calls against her

The refs are missing calls on both sides. Doesn't feel like it's affected the game to me.

Reaction Score
From what I'm seeing, it looks more that they didn't pick up on how the refs were calling fouls fast enough. Towards the end of the 2nd quarter, Johnson was able to defend Clark really tight without any calls against her

The refs are missing calls on both sides. Doesn't feel like it's affected the game to me.
You’re not watching the same game I am. Obvious hold on Marshall and the called traveling on Cardoso. And it was Clark pushing off that never gets called.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well I hope you all like seeing South Carolina win Championships. Gonna be seeing a lot more of that. 2 out of last 3, 3 out of last 8, lose only 1 player from this year I think? And as good as she is, I don't think they'll miss Cardoso at all. Totally loaded at every position. Staley will pass Mulkey in the Championship count in no time. Probably won't catch Geno, but Pat isn't out of the question.

Reaction Score
You’re not watching the same game I am. Obvious hold on Marshall and the called traveling on Cardoso. And it was Clark pushing off that never gets called.
Did I not say the refs are missing calls on both ends but that it hasn't affected the game? The end result would have happened regardless based on how things played out.

Reaction Score
I think I see at least 2-3 fouls on Cardoso been ignored.

Reaction Score
They were fouls and yes the officials did miss calls the difference is South Carolina has depth unlike UConn who couldn’t afford any fouls, hopefully next year is different.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
By these refs, and good old Joe Vasily has already issued a bench warning. If you breathe on Clark it’s a foul now. Breathe too hard and it will be flagrant.
What were they given the warning for?

Reaction Score
It started off looking pretty suspicious, but the order of the universe balanced out a little.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom