South Carolina gets another 2016 Commit | The Boneyard

South Carolina gets another 2016 Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Gamecocks are also still after several other 2016 players, including Jensen Caretti and Tyasha Harris, both of whom are taking official visits to South Carolina this weekend. Kornelia Wright, another uncommitted top 100 player, visited them earlier this week (Wright is visiting Florida this weekend and will decide next week; she's also considering Auburn, UCF, and Miami [FL]).

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks are also still after several other 2016 players, including Jensen Caretti and Tyasha Harris, both of whom are taking official visits to South Carolina this weekend. Kornelia Wright, another uncommitted top 100 player, visited them earlier this week (Wright is visiting Florida this weekend and will decide next week; she's also considering Auburn, UCF, and Miami [FL]).
I appreciate the visit by Wright, but I don't think we have any room for another PG, with Cuevas, Colley, and Bradshaw. Harris would be a 2 to replace Mitchell. Carretti, is just a monster. Don't care where she plays just get her. Glad go get Harrigan, she looks like good one. A good inside - outside player that can shoot, run, play D.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wow, a high school team that not only has two kids with scholarships to play college ball awaiting them, but the two colleges are UConn and South Carolina? That's a big deal, isn't it?

Reaction Score
Wow, a high school team that not only has two kids with scholarships to play college ball awaiting them, but the two colleges are UConn and South Carolina? That's a big deal, isn't it?

If it were a public high school, yes. With private academies, not so much.

Reaction Score

This tweet I saw last month says they have four. Two others committed to Boston College and Providence.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Talk about a dynamic duo in high school: Odyssey Sims and Alexis Jones.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Mikiah Harrigan, a 6-2 forward out of Florida committed to USC today. She is ranked #74 in the 2016 class by ESPN. According to her ESPN profile she was also considering Georgia, Texas A&M, and Miami. She's their 2nd commit in the class along with Molly Bent's high school teammate at Tabor Academy Araion Bradshaw.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/214829/mikiah-harrigan
USC and/or SC is the University of Southern California, always has been and always will be. South Carolina is simply South Carolina...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
USC and/or SC is the University of Southern California, always has been and always will be. South Carolina is simply South Carolina...

We were a school almost 50 years before California was even a state. Game. Set. Match. They are Southern Cal.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
We were a school almost 50 years before California was even a state. Game. Set. Match. They are Southern Cal.
If you ask the average sports fan or even non-sports fan, what school is USC, I'd bet a month's salary that 80% would say immediately Southern Cal, not South Carolina... But pride is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Talk about a dynamic duo in high school: Odyssey Sims and Alexis Jones.

Alexis Hornbuckle and Renee Montgomery played together in HS in WV, no? Ironically, Hornbuckle was ranked as high as #2 behind Candace Parker IIRC whereas Montgomery was ranked in the 20's coming out of HS. Seems like those rankings could have been reversed.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If you ask the average sports fan or even non-sports fan, what school is USC, I'd bet a month's salary that 80% would say immediately Southern Cal, not South Carolina... But pride is a good thing.

You're likely correct, but I've never been a "follow the sheep" sort of person. Most people who follow Southern Cal only do it because they've won big in football through the years and not because they have a tie to the school.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
You're likely correct, but I've never been a "follow the sheep" sort of person. Most people who follow Southern Cal only do it because they've won big in football through the years and not because they have a tie to the school.
Same could be said for every D-1 program, how many people on this Board do you think actually attended UConn? People are basically "winner" fans and they jump on bandwagons, you being a fan of a SEC school should be well familiar with that, as they are the biggest bandwagon fans in America. I'm a Buckeye fan, but I didn't attend tOSU, I went to a local university in CLE for undergrad and graduate school, but as a life-long Ohioan, I've always been a Buckeye fan.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Same could be said for every D-1 program, how many people on this Board do you think actually attended UConn? People are basically "winner" fans and they jump on bandwagons, you being a fan of a SEC school should be well familiar with that, as they are the biggest bandwagon fans in America. I'm a Buckeye fan, but I didn't attend tOSU, I went to a local university in CLE for undergrad and graduate school, but as a life-long Ohioan, I've always been a Buckeye fan.

At least you're from Ohio and I think most of the UCONN fans on here are from Connecticut, even if they didn't go to UCONN. I pull for Rutgers as my second team because I grew up in Central Jersey, not because I attended the university.

Reaction Score
May be we should use USCr --->South Caroline, USCa ---->South California

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
May be we should use USCr --->South Caroline, USCa ---->South California

Little Carolina, Baby Carolina, Lesser Carolina, Lower Carolina... the other Carolina.... . take your pick :cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Little Carolina, Baby Carolina, Lesser Carolina, Lower Carolina... the other Carolina.... . take your pick :cool:

Real Carolina versus Not Carolina. Remember who Not Carolina's only football loss is to this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Real Carolina versus Not Carolina. Remember who Not Carolina's only football loss is to this season.

Like Im upset that they lost that first game :rolleyes:

Good thing yall dont play them again... they would win by 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member