South Carolina @ Georgia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina @ Georgia

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You notice that too? The threads appear almost immediately for our uninspiring games. But whenever SC plays well you never see an entire thread about it.

You know you're a good team when your dominant wins are what others expect.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
two players trapped her and one fell on her ankle. i could hear her scream from the other room. there's no way she plays on monday. she was out in the elite 8 last year. she doesn't have big numbers but she is the PG and we don't have good back up options with Cooper out too

Ya'll played Florida tonight. I'm not surprised one of your players got injured.

That same Florida team tried to dismember and decapitate our players several times and almost succeeded with Wilson.

I hope you're players make it out okay.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You know, we win ugly in WBB and MBB, but if our men win on Saturday, then both teams lead the SEC. I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day of the week. How many schools lead their conference in both this season?

FSU is close.... they are one game behind in the men's. Both teams are in the top 10.

Baylor is tied for first in the Big 12 men and women.

Reaction Score
Yes very ugly game it seems like SC always underplay against lower competition and it could be due to playing Tenn on Monday and after playing hard against Miss St. They didn't play well until the 4th quarter and I wish they play that hard all the time.

Plebe

Reaction Score
FSU is close.... they are one game behind in the men's. Both teams are in the top 10.

Baylor is tied for first in the Big 12 men and women.

Same thing with Maryland in the Big Ten (except their women's team is not tied).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Same thing with Maryland in the Big Ten.

Oh ok. I havent paid much attention to Big 10 MCBB this year, except I do know its pretty terrible for the most part.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh ok. I havent paid much attention to Big 10 MCBB this year, except I do know its pretty terrible for the most part.

Probably just slightly better (relatively speaking) than the women's Big Ten except they don't have an alpha like Maryland's women.

Maryland men's B1G schedule is kinda backloaded. They have yet to play Purdue, Wisconsin, or Michigan State. But the conference just seems loaded with teams that range from mediocre to just decent. Indiana started the season looking great but has fizzled since.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Several low scores tonight:

South Carolina won by 62-44.

Florida State won by 69-63.

Notre Dame won by 62-58.

Louisville won by 60-46.

NC State won by 55-42.

Virginia tech lost by 76-27. Quadruple yikes!!!!

In contrast, Miami, Ohio State, and Maryland all put up 88+ in wins.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I was at the gym and missed the first 1 1/2 quarters so I didn't hear. Georgia must have wanted to wear road unis today and we relented.
I didn't hear either although I saw most of the game. But I have noticed more and more of teams wearing their traditional away unis at home, Maryland wore their reds against RU (who wore their home whites) and some other game recently both teams had "dark" uniforms on.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wow these Gamecock fans are getting cocky... coming onto a UConn board saying "I knew if blah blah blah". gee whiz (or wiz) humble yourself in someone else's house.

USC (yeah I said it) is UConn's next "big opponent" so there will be some not so nice things said when they're not looking as everyone expect them to be.

Maybe be it would be better to get the CockyTalk board up and running as good as the Boneyard and your would have to see this from UConn fans

Reaction Score
cockhrnleghrn, the goal is to win the NCAA Championship not just the SEC title. You see teams celebrate all the time, which they should do. However, the ultimate goal is celebrated by few because they know the biggest prize lays ahead. Yes, enjoy the victories along the way, but keep your eyes on the big prize.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
cockhrnleghrn, the goal is to win the NCAA Championship not just the SEC title. You see teams celebrate all the time, which they should do. However, the ultimate goal is celebrated by few because they know the biggest prize lays ahead. Yes, enjoy the victories along the way, but keep your eyes on the big prize.

If you can't enjoy the journey and only the destination, you won't be happy most of the time. I enjoy every victory along the way.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You noticed that too? The threads appear almost immediately for our uninspiring games. But whenever SC plays well you never see an entire thread about it.
Well this is a UCONN message board, so not sure what you'd expect????

Reaction Score
So.Carolina is potentially win number 100 and if Uconn gets past them they most certainly will reach 111 wins in a row,so as that contest draws near the So.Carolina posters on the BY may receive a little extra grape shot headed their way but do please come back win or lose.Our angst won't last more than a few years give or take.lol

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Well this is a UCONN message board, so not sure what you'd expect????

You're right. Don't know what I was thinking.

Silly me for having high expectations. It's just a message board.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
So.Carolina is potentially win number 100 and if Uconn gets past them they most certainly will reach 111 wins in a row,so as that contest draws near the So.Carolina posters on the BY may receive a little extra grape shot headed their way but do please come back win or lose.Our angst won't last more than a few years give or take.lol

What's that saying about staying where you aren't REALLY welcome... ;)

I started lurking here because of recruiting, scoping out the competition for A'ja Wilson.. eventually becoming a member and while it's been mostly fun, if UConn goes on to win another title this year I'll probably go back to lurking permanently just for recruiting tidbits. This place is awesome but can be unbearable at times. But I love to talk WBB so much, especially recruiting, so I stick it out and continue coming back. CockyTalk is growing so I've been hanging out there more and really trying to help get the discussion running. I plan to devote more energy there. RebKell is fun too because there are fans of every school in the country and it's fun to not have to walk on eggshells there.

I don't want ya'll to think I'm complaining about the Boneyard because I'm not. This is your home. Be free! Post as you like.... but understand there's only so much anti-SEC, anti-SC, anti-Dawn, anti-Wilson, anti-Coates a person can take and still be expected to keep hanging out here. After a while it gets old having to defend your players, coaches and your program all of the time and then being told "well what do you expect, this is a UConn message board" and it's especially tiresome when a lot of it isn't even rational or based in fact, it's just because you simply dislike SC, or Dawn, or Coates, or Wilson....

So about 5 minutes ago it hit me.. ya'll are correct... this IS a UConn message board. Who am I to come here and expect a fanbase who's team has won a million titles to respect my upstart of a program that hasn't even won one.. when I can just simply leave, and probably should (it's been said here before). It was so funny because I'm sitting at my cubicle, preparing to write this long rebuttal about why Coates deserves to be an All-American but then it hit me like an epiphany.. "why am I wasting this energy everyday defending SC on a message board where my team affiliation warrants me unwelcome by a lot of it's members.. especially when I can just simply.. stop posting there".... so that epiphany lead to me posting this message LOL.

I commend the Tennessee fans that hang out here.. ya'll are either courageous, love abuse or stupid, but I commend you nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I started lurking here because of recruiting, scoping out the competition for A'ja Wilson.. eventually becoming a member and while it's been mostly fun, if UConn goes on to win another title this year I'll probably go back to lurking permanently just for recruiting tidbits. This place is awesome but can be unbearable at times. But I love to talk WBB so much, especially recruiting, so I stick it out and continue coming back. CockyTalk is growing so I've been hanging out there more and really trying to help get the discussion running. I plan to devote more energy there. RebKell is fun too because there are fans of every school in the country and it's fun to not have to walk on eggshells there.

I don't want ya'll to think I'm complaining about the Boneyard because I'm not. This is your home. Be free! Post as you like.... but understand there's only so much anti-SEC, anti-SC, anti-Dawn, anti-Wilson, anti-Coates a person can take and still be expected to keep hanging out here. After a while it gets old having to defend your players, coaches and your program all of the time and then being told "well what do you expect, this is a UConn message board" and it's especially tiresome when a lot of it isn't even rational or based in fact, it's just because you simply dislike SC, or Dawn, or Coates, or Wilson....

So about 5 minutes ago it hit me.. ya'll are correct... this IS a UConn message board. Who am I to come here and expect a fanbase who's team has won a million titles to respect my upstart of a program that hasn't even won one.. when I can just simply leave, and probably should (it's been said here before). It was so funny because I'm sitting at my cubicle, preparing to write this long rebuttal about why Coates deserves to be an All-American but then it hit me like an epiphany.. "why am I wasting this energy everyday defending SC on a message board where my team affiliation warrants me unwelcome by a lot of it's members.. especially when I can just simply.. stop posting there".... so that epiphany lead to me posting this message LOL.

I commend the Tennessee fans that hang out here.. ya'll are either courageous, love abuse or stupid, but I commend you nonetheless.

I highly agree with everything you said entirely but I'm from The Boogie Down Bronx and when someone talks about or tries to bash something I'm passionate about I must say something and defend it. I too was just a spectator but after seeing all the rash and senile posts about my team and Dawn I decided to join being that neither Dawn or the team even cares about what people on this board says or thinks... but I do and since they can't defend themselves I will do it for them. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I'm familiar with that phrase but I'm positive it does not apply to you or other passionate fans of UCONN rivals being here. There is an anti-component to almost everything/ everyone on the BY even for a coach that has won 11 titles. I disagree with you that Coates is AA as much disagree with those that say Wilson is not-but so what? I'm not following you to CockyTalk, if you don't post here again, I 'll just assume that you came around to my way of thinking. I"ll be disappointed because I didn't think you were so easily swayed. :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I highly agree with everything you said entirely but I'm from The Boogie Down Bronx and when someone talks about or tries to bash something I'm passionate about I must say something and defend it. I too was just a spectator but after seeing all the rash and senile posts about my team and Dawn I decided to join being that neither Dawn or the team even cares about what people on this board says or thinks... but I do and since they can't defend themselves I will do it for them. :)
I'm from Philly. Dawn, Geno, Muffet and I strongly approve this message!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom