South Carolina - Florida State Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina - Florida State Game Thread

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
That call was absolutely brutal. It would've been a 3 point game with all the momentum in Florida State's favor and a minute to go. Some bad calls both ways, and SC still likely wins, but man, that call iced the game for SC.

Kaela Davis has been amazing this tournament. Amazing how well she has done with more space on the court without Coates. I think they have the best shot to upset Connecticut if Davis and Gray can be effective.

Wilson is also a completely different player than she was two years ago. She works her butt off in the post and is not afraid to get physical and body up. She also plays with so much focus and appears to have a great motor. She'll be a fantastic pro.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Good Win for So Carolina. FSU didn't hit enough shots. Had their chances with Wilson in foul trouble for long stretches of the game.

FSU 36% shooting for the game. 2-15 on 3 point shots for 13%. Can't win shooting like that.
You say that, but.... the sad part is they almost did.... If you only shoot 36% and the other team shoots 57%.... there is no reason for you to even still be in the game with 2 minutes left... let alone within 3! South Carolina nearly pulled a Baylor with all those turn overs. They also got out rebounded. FSU should be proud they came back but a bit disappointed in their slow start. SCar should be happy to get to their second FF but should want to put a better all around performance together vs Stanford.

Reaction Score
You say that, but.... the sad part is they almost did.... If you only shoot 36% and the other team shoots 57%.... there is no reason for you to even still be in the game with 2 minutes left... let alone within 3! South Carolina nearly pulled a Baylor with all those turn overs. They also got out rebounded. FSU should be proud they came back but a bit disappointed in their slow start. SCar should be happy to get to their second FF but should want to put a better all around performance together vs Stanford.
Dawn will clean that up for the FF. It seemed that they were in a good Rhythm as Wilson sat for the entire 3rd Quarter and beginning of the 4th and when she returned that got out of sync leading to some turnovers caused by FSU an some careless turnovers. A mark of a good team though is that they got settled down and the Freshmen PG made some good plays down the stretch. Other than those couple of minutes, they were really efficient on offense as evidenced by them taking only 45 shots to FSU 71 , yet scoring more than them to win. This should be a fun Final Four. I really like all four teams and I like all of the coaches so I can't wait to watch. Hopefully this weekend's performances enhance the women's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom