South Carolina and Cardoso | The Boneyard

South Carolina and Cardoso

Reaction Score
Look out for SC, they're in midseason form. ND couldn't stop Cardoso (6'7").
With Jana out, come Feb 11 at SC, we're going to need Amari!

In the last 8 seasons Dawn built her program around big centers, before Cardoso, Wilson and Boston. In today's ranking I think SC should jump to at least no. 3 behind IA and Uconn.

Reaction Score

In the last 8 seasons Dawn built her program around big centers, before Cardoso, Wilson and Boston. In today's ranking I think SC should jump to at least no. 3 behind IA and Uconn.
Sounds good but you're overlooking 1 important observation, when Uconn has beaten and played well against it's been because we've used our speed and quickness to create open shots that were knocked down. In our last few losses to SC we did not have either the speed or quickness or the shooters and were forced to play SC style of basketball a slowdown bruising half-court style. Dawn knows this and, in order to keep up has added to her recruitment speedy guards and perimeter shooters along with her bruisers inside. Our battle against SC this year should be a good one but I'll take our speed, passers, and, shooters for the win. As for Amari she's not built for a bruising battle with Cardoso I'd say Brady and AE will have that job Amari is a small forward/shooting guard in a Forward/center body and Geno doesn't mind but at some point in the game you gotta go and bang aka Dolson, Stewie, and Lobo.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say that. The ND guards allowed the pass to her also. It's a team effort to defend. The guards need to harass the opposing guards and make that entry pass really difficult and then the front court needs to run and establish position before she gets to her spot so they can be in position to make that shot more difficult. ND was unable to do either of those tasks.

Reaction Score
Basing an opinion on one game against an outmanned and outgunned ND squad is a fruitless venture, IMO. However, based only on what I saw, the SC guards are going to be difficult for any team to contain. It is quite fortunate that Fulwiley does not appear to have a three in her arsenal.
To your point, though, if I were a WNBA GM, I would draft Cardoso over Reese in a heartbeat.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I hate to say it, this year's SC team looks like it could be better than last year's team. Cardoso will score more than Boston did. The guard compliment is much quicker than last year's tandem. In no way am I saying that they beat us, just that this year instead of power plodders they will be running from the gun. It will be hard to attack the rim with the giant parked in the lane. It will be surprising if Cardoso doesn't lead the country in blocked shots.
The Husky season starts tomorrow night, finally. I'll have a front row seat in front of my 65 incher. I hear Jonathon howling in the background, while the rest of WCBB sings. "Who Let the Dogs Out." Let the games begin.

Reaction Score

Not sure why they should jump in front of UCLA who beat a potentially better team by more points in their own home opener.

Reaction Score
I always thought Cardoso was better than Boston....

Reaction Score
Not sure why they should jump in front of UCLA who beat a potentially better team by more points in their own home opener.
You think that Purdue is better than ND?! You must be on drugs or something.

Reaction Score

I think that IA is extremely overrated this year. Czinano is a big loss and I don't think they'll quite be able to replace her production.

Reaction Score
Basing an opinion on one game against an outmanned and outgunned ND squad is a fruitless venture, IMO. However, based only on what I saw, the SC guards are going to be difficult for any team to contain. It is quite fortunate that Fulwiley does not appear to have a three in her arsenal.
To your point, though, if I were a WNBA GM, I would draft Cardoso over Reese in a heartbeat.
Fulwiley does have a three point shot. she hit 3 3s in our game against Rutgers. She's streaky though. if she's on she can light it up from anywhere.

Reaction Score
Notre dame 2023: 27-6.. added 5, 26 and 30th ranked freshmen. Sweet 16.

Purdue 2023 ; 19-11. Added 44, 79 and 97 ranked prospects. One and done.

But “yeah.” I wouldn’t jump us over UCLA either even though your “potentially better” assertion is weak, at best. I mean it is “possible” Purdue is better than Notre Dame

I would jump us over LSU ( who lost and hasn’t beaten us for more than a decade). I don’t do huge jumps for one game, so I wouldn’t jump us over UCLA (Whom we beat twice last year). Now, if we neat Maryland on Sunday, I would jump us over UCLA.

Of course, opinion rankings are as debatable after only one game as they are after none.

I realize you enjoy trolling our fanbase. So be it. Happy tip-off week.

Reaction Score

But “yeah.” I wouldn’t jump us over UCLA either even though your “potentially better” assertion is weak, at best. I mean it is “possible” Purdue is better than Notre Dame

I would jump us over LSU ( who lost and hasn’t beaten us for more than a decade). I don’t do huge jumps for one game, so I wouldn’t jump us over UCLA (Whom we beat twice last year). Now, if we neat Maryland on Sunday, I would jump us over UCLA.

Of course, opinion rankings are as debatable after only one game as they are after none.

Trolling your fan base? This is about Notre Dame. Purdue returned their core from last year, Notre Dame is down their three most important starters . They are a fringe top 25 team until Miles comes back and that’s assuming she comes back without missing a beat.

I always thought South Carolina was underrated and should be third in any polls, just think UCLA is still better on paper.

Reaction Score
Purdue is potentially better than ND? They're expected to be in the middle of that pack of the BIG10 this season. Not to mention, ND is missing key parts of their roster with Miles and Bransford injured.

Reaction Score
I think that IA is extremely overrated this year. Czinano is a big loss and I don't think they'll quite be able to replace her production.
I disagree that Iowa can't replace the output of Czinano. That is what Iowa heard when Gustafson graduated and look what happened. Jan Jensen is a post miracle worker and it looks like the two posts we have will be able to do that along with Hannah Stuelke. They also seem to have more depth than last year all over the floor and the offense looks very efficient along with a better defense. Do I think they are overrated? Yes, I do at this time but I think they have the potential to be better than last year. That doesn't mean they will make it to the Finals.

Reaction Score
Based on what? I'm not seeing the argument for Cardoso.
Taller. More Athletic. Possibly a better shot blocker.

Can lead a running attack. Boston could only trail.

I'm not saying she is better, but there are arguments in Cardosa's favor. it needs to play out over the season.

Will she be as consistent as Boston? Will non-Gamecocks grow to expect double-doubles every game out?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taller. More Athletic. Possibly a better shot blocker.

Can lead a running attack. Boston could only trail.

I'm not saying she is better, but there are arguments in Cardosa's favor. it needs to play out over the season.

Will she be as consistent as Boston? Will non-Gamecocks grow to expect double-doubles every game out?
I don't disagree with those aspects of her game. But the statement made was better and I don't see it.

Boston is fundamentally sound, has a high IQ, has a much more versatile game,has elite footwork and can successfully switch defensively on almost anybody.

I like Cardoso a lot and can't wait to see her shine this season, but statements like that is setting her up for failure.

Reaction Score
Purdue is potentially better than ND? They're expected to be in the middle of that pack of the BIG10 this season. Not to mention, ND is missing key parts of their roster with Miles and Bransford injured.
Miles might not be returning though Bransford would help. All I'm saying is looking at those two rosters (ND and Purdue) I wouldn't be shocked in Purdue won if they played a game today. Notre Dame's roster, even with those two, is suspect to me.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with those aspects of her game. But the statement made was better and I don't see it.

Boston is fundamentally sound, has a high IQ, has a much more versatile game,has elite footwork and can successfully switch defensively on almost anybody.

I like Cardoso a lot and can't wait to see her shine this season, but statements like that is setting her up for failure.
My brother/sister: Let Kamilla have her full season of proving. Give her the sky as her limit.

Reaction Score
My brother/sister: Let Kamilla have her full season of proving. Give her the sky as her limit.
That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm saying let her get there first before we put this high expectations on her.

Reaction Score
Disagree; Czinano scored well, but was a mediocre defender and a below average rebounder. She also did not scare anyone from attacking the goal. I think the frontcourt of Iowa will score just as well, rebound and defend better, and has more depth this year. By the end of the regular season, they may well be stronger (doesn't necessarily mean they'll make the championship game again, but I think they'll be a better team).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom