South Carolina (23) @ Texas A&M (21) - 1/03/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (23) @ Texas A&M (21) - 1/03/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't know what Carter's final stats were tonight, but after watching the game, Carter was a liability for Texas A&M. I especially don't like that Carter plays half-hearted team defense. Carter would be pulled out of the lineup on some other teams whose coaches demand you play gut-checking defense.

Well, her stat line backs up your assessment. Only saw the end of the game where Carter missed the second FT which could have tied the game at 58.

1546607507140.png

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I’ve rarely seen a player be quite that obvious about how gassed she was.

Don’t know if she was putting some of it on, but I’d suggest that maybe she needs more rest during the game.

Particularly when a team is deliberately running her.

At times I feel like if Blair tried to take her she wouldn’t leave the floor. She might be the coach. I watch their sideline interactions and the dynamic is interesting..

Reaction Score
At times I feel like if Blair tried to take her she wouldn’t leave the floor. She might be the coach. I watch their sideline interactions and the dynamic is interesting..
She gives Coach Blair so much attitude. I don't know how he tolerates it.

Reaction Score
I still feel like Iowa St is better than both of these teams and that neither should be in the top 25 at this moment.

Reaction Score
She gives Coach Blair so much attitude. I don't know how he tolerates it.

Did you see the result of the game played against Lamar without Carter? That may be reason enough.

If there is any real angst happening there, which would be a good club for Carter to (no-wait) transfer?

Reaction Score
Did you see the result of the game played against Lamar without Carter? That may be reason enough.

If there is any real angst happening there, which would be a good club for Carter to (no-wait) transfer?
I did and it was horrible. Did you see two of their top 3 players transfer? My bet is that they saw a change in culture and Carter wasn't held to the same standards as everyone else.

Carter would have to find a school and coach that will let her do whatever she wants. MTSU is getting a bunch of players coming in with no discipline. Or maybe UNC.

Reaction Score
I was at the game.

A&M played 2-3 zone the whole game and I think Carter was being used in a way to try to save her energy for offense. She missed the last game with the flu and one of the parents said that 5 players have some degree of the flu. One of the backup guards didn't even dress for the game; Blair said she had a 102 degree fever.

With Aaliyah Wilson out for the year the offense has tried to get more from the front court and from Kayla Wells. Wells had a pretty bad statistical night at 4-17 from the field. Carter was 3-19 and got most of her points from the FT line.

To me, the key to the game was the front line play. Ciera Johnson had a double double in the first half but USC shut down our frontcourt in the third. The Gamecocks just outplayed the Ags in the paint. The boxing out was textbook and A&M's front court got no second chances in the awful third quarter. The coaches said afterward that SC also did a great job of positional defense to take away entry passes into the paint. So we saw players trying to penetrate on drives and getting blocked or intimidated. A&M needed to pass off more off penetration to move the post defense.

For me, Herbert-Harrigan was the player of the game.

Reaction Score
Kiki help with this win and Cooper is slowly getting back to Hotlanta form.
The key to SC success is KiKi.
Kiki, do you want it? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside us.
'Cause We want ya and We need ya
SC will not be successful without ya!
Without KiKi it will be a long season...
Kiki is so athletic and talented
She gotta start believing in her game. she is capable of playing on both ends. She is the most athletic and talented player on SC squad

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kiki help with this win and Cooper is slowly getting back to Hotlanta form.
The key to SC success is KiKi.
Kiki, do you want it? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside us.
'Cause We want ya and We need ya
SC want be successful without ya!
Without KiKi it will be a long season...
Kiki is so athletic and talented
She gotta start believing in her game. she is capable of playing on both ends. She is the most athletic and talented player on SC squad
Kiki was the difference maker, especially on defense, in this game, much as Cox was for Baylor against UConn, swatting away multiple shot attempts in the lane.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Carter had a new defender almost every possession it seems. I think A&M played into SC’s hands the 2nd half, the whole A&M squad was visibly gassed. SC has too many guards to try to get into a track meet.

That wasn’t a good shooting night from SC. I’ve seen us shoot better this season, even from the three. Even a normal night offensively and that’s a comfortable win. I’m preparing myself for a lot of close games this season.

I'm very excited about our defensive improvement; it will keep us in games until we start hitting shots.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That's why I truly feel like we saw 2 grad transfers leave the program.

Soon as I heard the news, that was what I thought. Howard is now with a coach who's known for running a tight ship, demands team play, and doesn't tolerate players who take plays off on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom