South Bend TV post game report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Bend TV post game report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the link. I couldn't find the ND post game interview on the NCAA site. I continue to be impressed by both Loyd and Reimer in their interviews. They could be really likable if they didn't play for ND. Wasn't it a ND player who burst into the UConn locker room, after perhaps the 2001 semi-final loss to them, and shouted "it must suck to be you"?
And of course we have their boorish behavior at last year's Naismith NPOY award. All in all I'd say that there is enough to keep UConn motivated to keep beating them.
The post-game press conferences are on ESPN3: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/replay/

Reaction Score
Hmm. did not know that. Per Doris Burke during the game and the ESPN website, Cable is a senior and will be gone after this year.
In her presser Muffett said , "We have everyone coming back" (preface to her answer to a dumb question from an uneducated reporter)

Reaction Score
... When we say that UConn is good for the game, that they force other teams to get better, this is what we mean.
I love this point. Without getting into specifics, I worked for one of the largest companies in the world. When we were in the market for software we engaged several of the largest vendors. When we asked one what would worry them most were we to sign with them, they said they thought they would struggle to support us. About a year after making our purchase (with a different company), we attended a users meeting where the Veep for our account admitted he appreciated our business because (in part) the challenges we presented made them a better company.

Unrest assures that no monopoly lasts (and yes, I believe UConn has a monopoly at the moment) but that same unrest also assures that the replacement won't come from those content with the status quo.

Reaction Score
I really like Loyd as an athlete and as a young lady of great character. Can't think of another recruit in the last 10 years that I was more disappointed about not attending UConn. I don't know if anyone else noticed her congratulating our team at the end of the game-really classy! I look forward to watching her on future Olympic teams.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Perfectly acceptable reactions from the ND players. They gave it their all and came up empty - again. I have no problems with their comments.

This is what rivalries are about. ND wants that national championship and UCONN has blocked their way. They will be back and they will be formidabile.

And UCONN will be back and formidable. One year from now it may very well be UCONN/ ND for the title again.

mr006

Reaction Score
Wasn't it a ND player who burst into the UConn locker room, after perhaps the 2001 semi-final loss to them, and shouted "it must suck to be you"?
IIRC, that incident was of more recent vintage - probably the last time that they beat us in the NCAAs.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Not sure that saying Turner outplayed Stewie in the 2nd half means much. Stewie was playing on an injured ankle and it was obvious that it impacted at least her offensive game as she took significantly less shots after returning to the game. That being said, it is likely that it also affected her all around game.

Ankle quite aside, and without looking at a recording of the game, I can recall only one basket Turner scored while Stewie was guarding her. Most of Turner's baskets occurred after she set a foul-line elbow screen for a guard and, after Stewie and the guard defender switched, Turner dropped into the low post with either the guard or one of our smaller forward defenders. That sequence, obviously designed by ND to work precisely that way, worked all too often.

Reaction Score
Ankle quite aside, and without looking at a recording of the game, I can recall only one basket Turner scored while Stewie was guarding her. Most of Turner's baskets occurred after she set a foul-line elbow screen for a guard and, after Stewie and the guard defender switched, Turner dropped into the low post with either the guard or one of our smaller forward defenders. That sequence, obviously designed by ND to work precisely that way, worked all too often.
I only recall an in bound play where Stewart fell to the floor and Turner got the ball for an easy two. Clearly outplaying Stewart :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
no sympathy. now they know how we felt in 2011, 12 and parts of 13. and on top of that, once they got by us in 11 and 12 they still couldn't close the deal with an NC. who's fault is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom