Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Found this on a Michigan blog (mgoblog)

WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOOMED......no, seriously , we are

http://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/statuses/128852785985884162

"RT @TeddyGreenstein: Source just confirmed: West Virginia headed to B12. Big East weakened again."
So apparently WVU is replacing Mizzou, who's out.

West Virginia to Big 12 w/in 24-48 hours after Missouri withdraws from Big 12, sources tell @CBSSports Post original url/vPPq77

Reaction Score
My source says : stop it with the sky is falling crap.

There's a message board to keep this stuff cornered in it's own place.

Syracuse and Pitt are going nowhere until the end of 2013, IF they go anywhere at all. Missouri is still in the big 12, and not sure IF they go anywhere at all. West Virginia, and/or anybody else in this Big East conference at this point in time including US - is going anywhere else until the end of 2014 season by now with a 27 month waiting period and by then, who the hell knows what will be happening.

The BCS bid is secure with the Big East through 2016 as long as we field at least and 8 team league, and by then, who knows if the BCS still exists.

The big east conference may look a lot different in the next few years, than it does today, and who knows, might not even be called the big east conference anymore, but we will still be playing division 1-A football, and be part of the big boys club.

We've got a game vs. Pittsburgh tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Propoganda. Stir up the masses and readership.

The big east MAY be on the verge of taking a hit.

Ok - the big east might be close to the edge of something.

The last time a person with direct knowledge of something was sure of something happening, Mark Whipple was going to be the head coach.

Reaction Score

Syracuse and Pitt are going nowhere until the end of 2013, IF they go anywhere at all. Missouri is still in the big 12, and not sure IF they go anywhere at all. West Virginia, and/or anybody else in this Big East conference at this point in time including US - is going anywhere else until the end of 2014 season by now with a 27 month waiting period and by then, who the hell knows what will be happening.

The BCS bid is secure with the Big East through 2016 as long as we field at least and 8 team league, and by then, who knows if the BCS still exists.

The big east conference may look a lot different in the next few years, than it does today, and who knows, might not even be called the big east conference anymore, but we will still be playing division 1-A football, and be part of the big boys club.

Hard to understand how this is "crap" and needs to be cornered. The impacts are substantive and not trivial. The everything will be fine , we need only 8 teams to keep a bid is hardly what I call a plan for long term success and stability.

Reaction Score
Good for WVU. Hopefully we land on our feet in the ACC. if not we make the best of it. But if we go ACC I think in 5 years or less WVU is in the same situation again as Texas and Oakie move on to the B1G or PAC whatever with 2 other teams and the Big12 is left floundering. WVU has no choice really because the Big East is collapsing but the Big12 is by no means a long term given. I might even go so far as to say whatever the Big East is cobbling together now would be better in 5 years than whats left of the Big 12. The grass aint always greener. But for now it's a decent move they are good for at least a few years.

Reaction Score
Good for WVU. Hopefully we land on our feet in the ACC. if not we make the best of it. By doing what?. . . Joining the Colonial Conference and renewing rivalries with Willian & Mary and James Madison? But if we go ACC I think in 5 years or less WVU is in the same situation again as Texas and Oakie move on to the B1G or PAC whatever with 2 other teams and the Big12 is left floundering. WVU has no choice really because the Big East is collapsing but the Big12 is by no means a long term given. I might even go so far as to say whatever the Big East is cobbling together now would be better in 5 years than whats left of the Big 12. Yeah, Temple, Villanova and company figure to be a lot better than Texas Tec, Oklahoma State and Kansas State. The grass aint always greener. But for now it's a decent move they are good for at least a few years.

UConn better hope for an ACC invite. And for that matter, the hoops crazed ACC should really be all over UConn. It really would be a good conference addition. Why it hasn't happened already is beyond logic.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i hope that maybe in the future uconn and wvu can get some ooc games going down the line. hoops would be a quality game that wvu i think would be thrilled with and fball would be just great. i can see wvu not wanting a fball game but who knows...

Reaction Score
If true. Congrats to WVU. They made it out before the sealed the door and compartment filled with water.

F

fortebleedsblue

Like Marinatto he is still in denial ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom