Source: UConn eyes ACC move | The Boneyard

Source: UConn eyes ACC move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN is trying to secure its place in winter time slots. College BBall brings in a lot of viewers, especially during the week. Losing the BE hurt them hardcore. Of course they're lobbying good basketball schools.

Reaction Score
Just as our new president is looking to protect her "product", I think ESPN wants to ensure their product is as competitive as ever.

I would love for Herbst or ESPN to lobby us into the Big 10, or B1G if you prefer, but my sensible side just doesn't see it happening. The ACC would give us regionally based rivalries, something that I think is key to the college atmosphere, and stability. ESPN wins out with solid Saturdays in the fall and winter weeknights filled with Uconn - Duke, UConn- UNC, and so on. Not to mention a conference tourney that will almost certainly include half of the top 25 teams in the country.

Reaction Score
I just want to get out of the Big East. This conference is risky at the least and more than likely falling apart. ACC, Big Ten, whatever we can get into that gives the school a little more stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom