OT: - Soundtracks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Soundtracks

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This was really more a soundtrack with a movie, but the soundtrack is interesting.

I was at the Fillmore show when Zappa and Flo and Eddie premiered this soundtrack. I went with about 20 friends, all of us occupied the first three rows. We'd all purchased those fake eyeglasses with the fake nose and mustaches. Frank walked out, saw us and was predictably speechless. After the triple take of course.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
And this. Talk about polar opposites.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Everyone loved the title song. But for me this was just so brilliant, and the back story about O'Connor's performance and how the song really was a rip off of "Be A Clown" is just as interesting.

Reaction Score
Bee Gees SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER/Night Feve The best Movie Sound Tracks of all time!

Kelly Clarkson The Trouble With Love Is from: LOVE ACTUALLY Sound Track
IMHO the 2nd best movie Sound Track

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From the movie "Rock Star". No they don't let Marky Mark sing. Miljenko Matijevic from Steelheart does the singing. Lot of rock songs in this one.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That great love story, Lloyd and Diane. (Say Anything) Lot of good stuff on this soundtrack (Living Colour, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cheap Trick). But the iconic one is this one, and Lloyd's boombox.

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

Reaction Score
Sergio Leone's "Dollars" trilogy - A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. The incredible music in all 3 was done by Ennio Morricone:

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
For classical sounding songs, John Williams does the most recognizable tunes. Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter.
For my tastes, I like Vision Quest, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Heavy Metal (though the movie is weird).

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Back in 1972, Chris Young graduated from The Gunnery School in Washington, CT. In 1980, he moved to Los Angeles and started writing film scores. Since then he has scored over 100 Hollywood films. This is his most iconic. Quite frankly the most epic score for a horror film.

Who is Christopher Young?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
A couple of old TV shows, Peter Gunn and Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer had some good , jazz themed music.

Reaction Score
I like the way period music is mixed into the story lines of "Call the Midwife" as it is effectively used to set mood and tone for the episodes.

I also really like the music used in "China Beach" and ABC's "Homefront", a show I really enjoyed and can't find anywhere on any of the streaming services. :( Ironically, the cost of the rights to the music used in the show is said to be the reason the program was never released on DVD.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For classical sounding songs, John Williams does the most recognizable tunes. Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter.
For my tastes, I like Vision Quest, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Heavy Metal (though the movie is weird).
When referencing Williams, How can you not include Jurassic Park? It literally got through over 200 study sessions my Sophomore year at UConn.

1. Singles
2. Almost Famous
3. Jurassic Park
4. Beautiful Girls
5. Dazed and Confused

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"10 Things I Hate About You" I think was the high school movie for its era. Lots of good songs, including several appearances in the film by the band Letters to Cleo. It was the first I had heard of them.

Probably my favorite movie ever (I love teen movies and they don't get much better than this).

The scene with Heath Ledger singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" is ICONIC.

Husky25

Reaction Score
6. Outside Providence

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I like the way period music is mixed into the story lines of "Call the Midwife" as it is effectively used to set mood and tone for the episodes.

I also really like the music used in "China Beach" and ABC's "Homefront", a show I really enjoyed and can't find anywhere on any of the streaming services. :( Ironically, the cost of the rights to the music used in the show is said to be the reason the program was never released on DVD.

I remember hearing "Accentuate the Positive" on Homefront. Timely music ,good show. One of my wife's favorites.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
When referencing Williams, How can you not include Jurassic Park? It literally got through over 200 study sessions my Sophomore year at UConn.

1. Singles
2. Almost Famous
3. Jurassic Park
4. Beautiful Girls
5. Dazed and Confused
I was going from quick memory, which at 50+ isn't as quick as it used to be. I normally tell folks if there's a song that as soon as you hear it you think of a movie, pretty solid chance John Williams did it.
He did Close Encounters as well, no?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I was going from quick memory, which at 50+ isn't as quick as it used to be. I normally tell folks if there's a song that as soon as you hear it you think of a movie, pretty solid chance John Williams did it.
He did Close Encounters as well, no?
I believe so, but I don't have time to look it up. (yet I can respond here...priorities).

Yes he did.

Honestly, I was about to call you out on Harry Potter, because I was under the impression that J.K. Rowling wanted no Americans in the cast (There are two, plus Chris Columbus directed the first two movies). I guess composer is not considered, "In the cast."

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom