sounds like RJ Evans a major key to this team winning. | The Boneyard

sounds like RJ Evans a major key to this team winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I rewatched some of that unh game and reading quotes like this...
UConn guard R.J. Evans — who Ollie calls “the rock” of the team —
Sounds like a leadership thing

Really need him for ncst

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One thing about that article: whenever the team struggles SN makes a statement like "we played selfish". I'm almost finished watching the game a second time. RB certainly took far more 3 point shots (five) that were hurried in the possession, but outside of that I felt the team played unselfishly. They just couldn't finish a lot of shots and missed a lot of free throws (ugh Nolan).

caw

Reaction Score
One thing about that article: whenever the team struggles SN makes a statement like "we played selfish". I'm almost finished watching the game a second time. RB certainly took far more 3 point shots (five) that were hurried in the possession, but outside of that I felt the team played unselfishly. They just couldn't finish a lot of shots and missed a lot of free throws (ugh Nolan).

I think that is a bit stuck in his head after last year's team and is his default reason they play poorly. It's true to an extent.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think that is a bit stuck in his head after last year's team and is his default reason they play poorly. It's true to an extent.
Just for starters there were three kick out passes that were flubbed. One was the RB baseline drive in which he threw an errant pass to an open SN. One was a pass by SN who penetrated and kicked out to a wide open NG who decided at that moment to put skin lotion on his hands, and one was a pass from the foul line by SN to a wide open TO who was thinking of last years Fairfield game. Then there was a authoritative rebound by TO who had a chance to start a fast break and thought SN was ten feet further down court than he actually was.

You had Nolan miss two easy layups. One he missed everything. SN had one decent drive to the hoop and missed a wide open uncontested layup. DD had some real good looks and just bricked things.

Side note: in a previous thread I thought DD played a bad second half. He didn't. Merick just got hot.

The selfish play could be attributed to RB taking those threes, SN getting deep into the lane and deciding to pass it instead of taking the shots and OC who would over penetrate at times and get in trouble. But imo, most of the failure to blow out NH could be attributed to poor foul shooting, dumb turnovers and poor shooting when players had some real good looks, although some of the failure was mechanical.

Reaction Score
Anyone who is out this year will be the key to winning more games then we would without them- we are thin- so thin that a transfer from an in state school can be considered a "key" for us to win games this year. Not un-true but could be said about one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom