Sounds like can't miss great movie.... | The Boneyard

Sounds like can't miss great movie....

Reaction Score
Sounds like a can't miss great movie if it was 1975, kudos for the cash grab and one upping Rolling Stones, The Who etc.. still touring at 70+.

Reaction Score
With the cast and director, I would agree....but I'm hoping it's not some retread Scorcese moneygrab. I can see each actor sliding into a comfy caricature of a prior roll, add in some Rolling Stones music and a slow-motion beating and it could be stale.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was with the OP on the movie until I saw that Cannavale is in it. I think he is terrible and just chews the scenery in every role he is in. Keitel is almost the opposite at times.

I think Deniro is about to retire. He is doing like 4 movies a year, and some of them really suck. I think he is building the bank account and then will call it quits soon.

Reaction Score
Pacino hasn't been on fire lately either. The scene that they share in "Heat" is still probably the best we'll ever see of Pacino and Deniro together.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sounds like a can't miss great movie if it was 1975, kudos for the cash grab and one upping Rolling Stones, The Who etc.. still touring at 70+.

When I saw them in 1997, the Stones still rocked. No idea now but I'm pretty sure Keith Richards is literally immortal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Deniro is about to retire. He is doing like 4 movies a year, and some of them really suck. I think he is building the bank account and then will call it quits soon.

For what? Guy's 73 and worth something like $150 million.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Could be very good. Probably won't be bad with those people involved. It's interesting how involved Netflix and Amazon are becoming in the movie business.

Reaction Score
Could be very good. Probably won't be bad with those people involved. It's interesting how involved Netflix and Amazon are becoming in the movie business.

Netflix also has a new Amy Shumer and a Dave Chappelle standup special coming out. They're taking over in lots of areas.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Netflix also has a new Amy Shumer and a Dave Chappelle standup special coming out. They're taking over in lots of areas.

Yes, and Amazon studios is producing a lot of stuff.

The reality is that many of these media companies aren't all that big. Viacom owns CBS, Paramount and others, yet it's revenue is only about $12.5B. Time Warner $28B (including the cable and other business plus HBO). 21st Century Fox around $21B. MGM studios is private, didn't find the revenue.

Amazon has revenues of $136B. Look for Google to get into the content business soon too. These companies can take greater risk, and can more easily monetize the content through their own distribution system. Every movie or show Amazon or Netflix makes, is one they can keep from each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom