Sounds like can't miss great movie....

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by G0UCONN, Feb 27, 2017.

1. G0UCONN

G0UCONN

2. Dogdeacon

Dogdeacon

Sounds like a can't miss great movie if it was 1975, kudos for the cash grab and one upping Rolling Stones, The Who etc.. still touring at 70+.

3. Deepster

Deepster

With the cast and director, I would agree....but I'm hoping it's not some retread Scorcese moneygrab. I can see each actor sliding into a comfy caricature of a prior roll, add in some Rolling Stones music and a slow-motion beating and it could be stale.

8893 likes this.
  4. nelsonmuntz

nelsonmuntz Point Center

I was with the OP on the movie until I saw that Cannavale is in it. I think he is terrible and just chews the scenery in every role he is in. Keitel is almost the opposite at times.

I think Deniro is about to retire. He is doing like 4 movies a year, and some of them really suck. I think he is building the bank account and then will call it quits soon.

5. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Pacino hasn't been on fire lately either. The scene that they share in "Heat" is still probably the best we'll ever see of Pacino and Deniro together.

6. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

When I saw them in 1997, the Stones still rocked. No idea now but I'm pretty sure Keith Richards is literally immortal.

7. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

For what? Guy's 73 and worth something like $150 million.

8. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Could be very good. Probably won't be bad with those people involved. It's interesting how involved Netflix and Amazon are becoming in the movie business.

9. Deepster

Deepster

Netflix also has a new Amy Shumer and a Dave Chappelle standup special coming out. They're taking over in lots of areas.

10. Letsgohuskies11

Letsgohuskies11

They are doing a Point Break 2!?

11. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Yes, and Amazon studios is producing a lot of stuff.

The reality is that many of these media companies aren't all that big. Viacom owns CBS, Paramount and others, yet it's revenue is only about $12.5B. Time Warner $28B (including the cable and other business plus HBO). 21st Century Fox around $21B. MGM studios is private, didn't find the revenue.

Amazon has revenues of $136B. Look for Google to get into the content business soon too. These companies can take greater risk, and can more easily monetize the content through their own distribution system. Every movie or show Amazon or Netflix makes, is one they can keep from each other.