OT: - Sorta... Were any of you at Chimirri's in Wethersfield This Morn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sorta... Were any of you at Chimirri's in Wethersfield This Morn?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I call BS. Green line doesn't run to Cambridge. You have to change for the Red line at Park Street.

Not that that actually matters.;)

Green Line sure does

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Do we need a "missed connections" forum?

Incidentally, a few years ago I was riding the Green Line from Cambridge to Fenway wearing some UConn gear. A middle-aged guy approached me and asked if I went to UConn, said UConn basketball was his passion. Had to be one of you guys, right?

I was in Iceland of all places and a guy with UConn gear was standing next to me in a line of tourists Turned out he was the guy who instigated the "And that's another UConn FIRST DOWN" thing at football games. I couldn't tell him how much I hate that thing, especially when we are 3 scores down in the 4th quarter.

pj

Reaction Score
I went to school with Guy and Lorena Chmirri and they are well versed in the Franklin Ave ways. The only differences are name brand and location.

By Franklin Ave ways do you mean Italian cooking, or drive-by shootings?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was in Iceland of all places and a guy with UConn gear was standing next to me in a line of tourists Turned out he was the guy who instigated the "And that's another UConn FIRST DOWN" thing at football games. I couldn't tell him how much I hate that thing, especially when we are 3 scores down in the 4th quarter.

The thing they stole from NC State? What an honor.

Reaction Score
By Franklin Ave ways do you mean Italian cooking, or drive-by shootings?

When I said "location", I was referring to Wethersfield being a better spot to run the business. Like how D&D Market just left Franklin Ave.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The thing they stole from NC State? What an honor.

He didn't claim to have invented it. Just suggested that UConn do the same. Had some status in the UConn Club. Too bad. Maybe if this year's O can actually put points on the board that cheer won't be so annoying.

Reaction Score
Chimirris is so underrated. My go to pastry shop. Their macaroons are awesome. Best I've had.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have to ask...

@boog204 ...are you black boog from past BYCs? Or a newer boog?

Reaction Score
I have to ask...

@boog204 ...are you black boog from past BYCs? Or a newer boog?

I'm not that Boog, but I have been Boog on UConn based boards (Aol, Toto, TOS, etc.) since the late 90s. Here I was thinking I'm special...

Reaction Score
The secret Boneyard signal should be a variation on the Van Buren boys sign:
g7QYI.gif

Reaction Score
Maybe 4 fingers on one hand for our NCs (soon to be increased to 5), 1 on the other for Orange nosepicker (middle finger extended while holding a Rolling Rock)
vanburensign.png

4 > 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom