Sorta OT: Could There Be 4 AAC Teams In The Tourney? | The Boneyard

Sorta OT: Could There Be 4 AAC Teams In The Tourney?

Could The AAC Send 4 Teams To The NCAA Tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN (48 RPI, 17-6, 7-3)
@Temple
vs Tulsa
vs SMU
@Cincy
@USF
vs Houston
@SMU
vs UCF

Cincinnati (65 RPI, 17-7, 7-4)
@UCF
vs ECU
@Tulsa
vs UCONN
@ECU
@Houston
vs SMU

Temple (67 RPI, 14-8, 8-3)
vs UCONN
vs UCF
vs Villanova
@Houston
@Tulsa
vs UCF
vs Memphis
@Tulane

Tulsa (72 RPI, 15-8, 7-4)
@SMU
@Uconn
@Cincy
@UCF
vs Temple
@Memphis
vs USF

So do you think the AAC could send 4 teams this year?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Only UConn and Cincy have shots for at large bids. Other than that, the only way someone gets in is to win the AAC Tourny. If UConn wins, there may be only from the conference.

Reaction Score
A sweep of us by Temple would help their cause, but that's only 3

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Given the way the Selection Committee has seeded AAC teams the last 2 seasons, I wouldn't bet on it.

Reaction Score
Smu is out. UofL is now out.
The bubble could be a little bigger this year. Given the new trend where schools choose when to screw there players, maybe we see another school pull out of the post season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
no representation on the committee, the conference will not land a bubble team

every bubble team selected comes from a conference with committee representation, year after tear after year

if an AAC member is not a 10 seed or better, if they're not a a lock, they're out

Reaction Score
UConn has 5 games left vs teams that will give them a boost if they win. Tulsa has 4. The other teams only have 3 each. All 4 teams are still alive, but considering that they'll need to beat the other teams still in contention means the losers can't make it. To really have a chance, a team will need 3 wins vs the good teams, and no farts, which means Temple, and Cincy need to win out, or reach the league final.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth I don't buy this UL screwed players story line. There are players on this current team who were recruited during the strippergate. Plus the NCAA penalizes programs. On the other hand if UL had even a modicum of integrity as an institution Pitino would be out of a job.

Reaction Score
Hell no we aren't getting 4 in. The only way we even get 3 is for UConn and Cincy to close out the season very strong (effectively knocking out Tulsa and Temple in the process) and then have a third team win the conference tournament. If Tulsa or Temple have an at-large case on Selection Sunday, it could come at ours or Cincy's expense.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Its more likely that there is one AAC team than there is 4. I think it will be 2.

Reaction Score
IF after Temple loses to UConn (hopefully) they then run the table (including Nova) they would get an at-large...not impossible, are done with SMU & Cincy. Might even be able to get in with a loss @Tulsa as well...key is beating Nova...the committee owes them after last year.

I have a feeling we get 3 in with Temple but nobody a lock at this point....we all have work to do.

Reaction Score
I think Temple could make it. They need to beat Nova, and can only lose 2 of their remaining games either home vs UConn, on the road at Tulsa, or home vs Memphis. Then make it to the tournament final. Problem is, I bet they drop a couple stupid games.

Tulsa has the opportunity to make it, too, but they'd also have to win out all but two games of their remaining tough schedule, and then make the tournament final.

I don't think both could make it - SMU could do them all some favors by dropping games, but I don't think they will. So I'd guess the most we have is 3 teams. But the most likely case will leave us with 2.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With SMU it would be possible. But without them, 3 is the max I can see.

UConn, Temple, Tulsa and Cinci. Mostly likely just two of those, unless two separate themselves and a third wins the tournament. Temple still has Villanova...win that and they would help themselves a lot.

UConn has the toughest remaining schedule, with games against all three of those teams, the next best team Houston, and two vs. SMU. Of our 8 remaining games, we only have two against weak teams. Six tough games, 3 home, 2 road. Have to sweep the home games and take at least one on the road.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For what it's worth I don't buy this UL screwed players story line. There are players on this current team who were recruited during the strippergate. Plus the NCAA penalizes programs. On the other hand if UL had even a modicum of integrity as an institution Pitino would be out of a job.

Pitino will be out later this year
I can not see him or the AD hanging on
But again - its UL and the ACC.........................

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
When will an American conference rep be on the committee?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

This thread has NOTHING to do with what you just said. No one even brought it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom