OT: - Sorta, But Is About UConn Viewing: MY OT Rainbow -I find the End! | The Boneyard

OT: Sorta, But Is About UConn Viewing: MY OT Rainbow -I find the End!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Have had half the channels we really watch (like 27 tops) on DTV by AT&T dropped in the last month, including our local affiliate channels, which I could give a hoot for, but the Ms. wants. It's the annual squeese the local affiliates derby and try to powerplay big national powers (like the History Channel - poof, gone). The is a sorta ESPN squeeze down scene. Dying platform-satellite TV - last gasp former monopolist AT&T saying this squeeze has to be now or the stock will tank by year end, etc etc. And the wife no longer cares about keeping NY Metro affiliates, because she's figured out how to watch with her Prime Plus and Apple Tablet and it's free on the internet , etc etc etc.

So I'm free to go to Dish and when that doesn't please her I am cutting the cable cord altogether baby! Free at last.

Maybe a little Oh Happy Day too?

"Oh Happy Day" Edwin Hawkins - Anthony Brown w/ FBCG Combined Choir

Reaction Score

Have had half the channels we really watch (like 27 tops) on DTV by AT&T dropped in the last month, including our local affiliate channels, which I could give a hoot for, but the Ms. wants. It's the annual squeese the local affiliates derby and try to powerplay big national powers (like the History Channel - poof, gone). The is a sorta ESPN squeeze down scene. Dying platform-satellite TV - last gasp former monopolist AT&T saying this squeeze has to be now or the stock will tank by year end, etc etc. And the wife no longer cares about keeping NY Metro affiliates, because she's figured out how to watch with her Prime Plus and Apple Tablet and it's free on the internet , etc etc etc.

So I'm free to go to Dish and when that doesn't please her I am cutting the cable cord altogether baby! Free at last.

Maybe a little Oh Happy Day too?

"Oh Happy Day" Edwin Hawkins - Anthony Brown w/ FBCG Combined Choir

Summa cum loudly!! exactly how did you cut the cable? Now I get local TV over the air and have for umpteen decades. I've looked at all those internet sites that are supposed to replace DTV ---NaDa. Like Direct/Dish too much defecation spread around
When will they serve Al A Carte TV/Internet. As long as we are watching TV shows on the Internet aren't they still just TV over the internet?????

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Now I get local TV over the air

Can I come live with you! You lucky guy. Seriously, I am planning the move and will not execute it for a few days. I expect that Dish will disappoint just like DTV, just with some of the same issues and a few quirks of their own. Because of were I live and the penny pinching decision of the developers to not lay hi-speed optic cable down when they put in the electric underground, I have few broadband options, I'm served currently by a repeater on a ridge to the SW of my home. I pay a pretty penny for 20 Megs down load (max) and a lower upload speed. Our local affilate channels, MT PTV - I can't pick them up here. Matters to the Mrs. but not to me. I get my news on the net and I have nothing but distain for major networks in the endless dumbing down of their programming. We could have it very easily by using a Roku like stick and sending it to the TV of the moment. She's afraid our 20 Meg will degrade with multiple users and we will be looking at something like ESPN+! :p She knows you can have relays and boosters rather easily, but with my daughter's wedding last week and a business trip in the East now she's gotta be carefully wooed, after her major concession to release us as Legacy (read sucker) customers of DTV.

I'll report back as I think I know where I'm going. If I can leap over Dish and cut the "cable" cord, I will. But that may be a bridge too far for her.

BTW I can get up to 150 Megs, but it costs way too much . High speed fiber cable would have been sweet; then we could fly around all sorts of options and they's all pop flawlessly on the screen until a major lightning strike and we'd be on the list for dig, cut, splice!

Maybe I'll look for an independent, cheap, reliable consultant and let he or she plan it out. If they can get discounts on equipment needs and will give us a big chunk of it, that can pay this/her fee.

This is where we live shot yesterday; our view of the valley floor is intentionally minimalized by those pesky ridges. Pure spite.
We Skipped Fall.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder if Costco's Concierge service has a consulting unit for system design?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom