Sorry, Whitmer is what he is | The Boneyard

Sorry, Whitmer is what he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is tough, but he is a turnover machine. Has locked onto his receiver on every single pass this game. Put Boyle in even if we don't win another game. I can't take the same mistakes from this kid since he got here. Do the right thing Bob.

Reaction Score
I am not a Witmer apologist and initially thought he just tanked the throw. After seeing the replay, it looks like some one was pulling on his jersey as he released that int. I wouldn't mind seeing Boyle, but that int had defensive line help.

C

Chief00

The best practice player in UConn football history; Game Day - another story. He is a 5th year senior Diaco - where's the upside?

Reaction Score
He is tough, but he is a turnover machine. Has locked onto his receiver on every single pass this game. Put Boyle in even if we don't win another game. I can't take the same mistakes from this kid since he got here. Do the right thing Bob.

This was evident after the Buffalo game two years ago.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Whitmer is clearly not a good quarterback, he has happy feet, and limited arm strength...even Boyle with his lack of experience is better. But the offensive line is simply atrocious. We have no tackles at either end...both of those guys lose their man within seconds and the line as a whole doesn't appear to have the strength to overpower the defense or the blocking technique to stand up the defense and hold them off of the passer. Whitmer might be serviceable with even an adequate line, but with that bunch up front, even Peyton Manning would look bad.

Reaction Score
Don't put Boyle in. He could get injured with this inexperienced offense line. Diaco is doing the right thing. Put him in limited spots, let him get some experience and build confidence but limit the chance of injury. Next year the offensive line will be more experienced and we can see what Boyle can do. If you put Boyle in now, you risk destroying his confidence and getting him injured. Diaco is thinking long term.

Reaction Score
Don't put Boyle in. He could get injured with this inexperienced offense line. Diaco is doing the right thing. Put him in limited spots, let him get some experience and build confidence but limit the chance of injury. Next year the offensive line will be more experienced and we can see what Boyle can do. If you put Boyle in now, you risk destroying his confidence and getting him injured. Diaco is thinking long term.

Beleive it or not, I sorta agree. It's just that whitmer is so bad, I'd prefer to punt on every first down.

Reaction Score

At this point, is experience even going to help them?! This is game 5, 4 being played at home, 2 against good competition. They should have grown up much quicker than this IMO.

Reaction Score
thinking............we dont have time to think we need an offense: quick drops, wideout screens, misdirection. Plays do exist for a team with an O line which is suspect. Change it up and get someone who can win in the game. Go max protection and send the fastest guy on a fly once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom