Sorry if a repeat: Caroline Ducharme article from Boston | The Boneyard

Sorry if a repeat: Caroline Ducharme article from Boston

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Got to love UConnNation.

But Ducharme’s freshman season is looming, and attention is starting to build. Caroline and [mom] Chrissy were sitting in their car at the grocery store recently when a teenage boy pulled up next to them and noticed Caroline. She rolled down her window.

“Are you Caroline Ducharme?” the boy asked.

She was.

“Congrats on UConn,” he enthused. “I’m a big fan. Good luck.”

“That kind of stuff is not what you expect,” [dad] Todd said.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her reaction to injury and rehab time is extraordinary and speaks to her high degree of discipline and desire. Out there on the court she doesn't mess around and she doesn't dilly dally. The coming year is going to be very interesting.

Really good article.

Reaction Score
Caroline has the right attitude and skill level to be a star at UCONN. This is the type of player that UCONN needs to recruit in the future and has recruited in the past.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
GREAT STUFF! Best wishes to the Freshman Class at UCONN.!!
May you ALL get plenty of playing time. !! Zarathustra
Just for fun I wish you would tag your posts with "Thus Spake Zarathustra".

Reaction Score
she's one of myy favourite she's like louu version 2 ...glad she committee to uconn , she need just to work on her defence ..and Im shore she's gonna be top 3 wnba pick ....

Reaction Score
Great kid. I love her focus. I know nothing about DeBerry, but Caroline, Azzi, and Saylor are really students of the game.
lot of people said that she's like Liv but depending on her highlights she's more physical than liv ...

Reaction Score
As a junior, great range and quicker release than I thought it would be. I like the way she moves to get open for her 3 and how she has a nice jab step and drive and finishes. Been through a lot. Grit means a lot here and she has it. Looking forward to seeing her.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think she starts her jump shots pretty low (possibly of blocks by aggressive defenders).

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think she starts her jump shots pretty low (possibly of blocks by aggressive defenders).
If you mean her 3 point shot then yes. I didn't see a pure jump shot in the video. Her release is similar to Saylor's in that it starts from a lower position as opposed to higher release on a jump shot but she is not going to have a jump shot from 25 feet which is well within her range as a high school player. It is a very quick release though so we will see what if any adjustment is needed on the college level. She can really, really shoot and can be a big part of the equation because with Paige and Azzi, not to mention CW and Evina, there are going to be a lot of off ball openings because the defense has to concentrate on them.

Reaction Score
Caroline has the right attitude and skill level to be a star at UCONN. This is the type of player that UCONN needs to recruit in the future and has recruited in the past.
Ann Strother with dark hair

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom