Sorry Dawn. It wasn't Your Defense. | The Boneyard

Sorry Dawn. It wasn't Your Defense.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lou agrees with my post earlier today Carolina was not responsible for the 2d half drop off.

"The Huskies missed shots they usually make, it had nothing to with the Gamecocks' defense.

"Maybe we should work on things without defense for awhile," Samuelson said. "There was a difference between the first half and second half the way we shot it. We executed when we needed to and we knocked in shots when we needed to. But we always got the shots that we wanted."

Huskies looking for another growth spurt

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love reading quotes from the players because as much as we are used to hearing from Geno, it's refreshing to hear the players say "we stunk" or "we got the shots we wanted but they didn't drop" or "we played really well"...

"If you watch that Texas game on film, you wouldn't think that there was anything good about that game except that we toughed it out and won that game. I don't think we did anything that you would say a good team is supposed to do. We just won the game, which says a lot. We talked about that and said, 'Let's see how much progress we made from the Texas game. If we're the same as we were when we played Texas, you know what? We're in trouble.' We're a lot further ahead now than we were against Texas."

Having said that, I do love that quote from Geno. If he feels they are a lot further ahead now than against Texas, that says a lot about the team and the coaching. Need to keep improving and peak for the very last game of the season - hopefully the NC game...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom