Sorry about the news links | The Boneyard

Sorry about the news links

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This has been, and still is, a phenomenally busy weekend in our house. My youngest son is in the high school marching band. With my oldest kid off to college, my husband and I threw all of our efforts into supporting the band this year. This year's show had National Championship potential (wish I could link the video but it's copyrighted) and we wanted to help out. This past weekend was Nationals, but first we had a school football game on Friday during which the band presented its show at half time, as it usually does. We were at the school until 10 or so, getting the trucks loaded and ready to go to Nationals after the game.

We left home at 6:30 am yesterday, rode the buses with the kids to Met Life Stadium in New Jersey. The kids went on at 3:00; awards were at 5:00, then we all went to dinner at Red Robin in Milford, all 171 of us. We all finally got home about 12:30 am. Today we're off to see our oldest son at college, as it's Parents Weekend.

So, no time for news links but this was the last crazy busy weekend - for a while (I hope).

As for the band, the competition was so tight that only .066 points separated the 2nd through 4th place teams. This is out of a possible 100 points. We came in 4th, only .006 points behind the third place team. And this was with our team comprised of 40% freshmen. We'll get 'em next year!

Here's my son with the other baritones in the low brass. LBKA!

lowbrass.jpg

Reaction Score
then we all went to dinner at Red Robin in Milford, all 171 of us.

View attachment 4159

Just curious, when you go into Red Robin and they ask you how many in your party and you say 171 what do they say?

Congrtulations, although hectic, it sounds like a great time with a great result!

Reaction Score
Excuses, excuses... ;)

If someone breaks your chops on a free message board because the news links are tardy - let us know.

P.S. Riding in a bus full of high school age band kids back and forth from NJ makes you either a saint or certifiably nuts !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom