Sorbet and Turds in the Puunch Bowl | The Boneyard

Sorbet and Turds in the Puunch Bowl

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There were a bunch today.

Fagnano with 3 turnovers. And all of them were bad field position mistakes.

Sammis kept calling red zone plays for Fagnano to roll right. They were all bad. And then he calls the student body left with Fagnano passing back to the right. That normally would be in running for worst call of the game. Today it might not have been top 5 worst calls.

Credit to Black, Woodbury and King. Each of them was better than any UConn OLine player.

Worst game of the year for UConn D wrapping up amd gang tackling. Credit to Temple players. They kept falling forward for 2-3 yards after being wrapped up.

It was mentioned in the game chat..every FG by Freeman mattered today. I almost felt confident in him by the end of the game.

I get why Temple went for the win, but they should have kicked the FG and gone in to OT.

I felt like today with the referee's first game on a mic. He did a great job butchering the English language.

WFU, Ga Southern, Rice, UAB and UMass. 4-1 seems like a worst case scenario.

The Game at 'cuse will be a bigger game for the program than whatever bowl game UConn goes to in December.

UConn really needs two transfer QB's who can play immediately. Fagnano is done and Evers is susceptible to injuries. Good news is Sammis' offense lends itself to a quality RPO QB.

I noticed #75 was on the field for the last play and was the lineman following Wright down the field. On the UConn roster Lundt is only player listed wearing #75. Was it Doriyan Johnson??

Reaction Score

Sammis kept calling red zone plays for Fagnano to roll right. They were all bad. And then he calls the student body left with Fagnano passing back to the right. That normally would be in running for worst call of the game. Today it might not have been top 5 worst calls.

Credit to Black, Woodbury and King. Each of them was better than any UConn OLine player.

Worst game of the year for UConn D wrapping up amd gang tackling. Credit to Temple players. They kept falling forward for 2-3 yards after being wrapped up.

It was mentioned in the game chat..every FG by Freeman mattered today. I almost felt confident in him by the end of the game.

I get why Temple went for the win, but they should have kicked the FG and gone in to OT.

I felt like today with the referee's first game on a mic. He did a great job butchering the English language.

The Game at 'cuse will be a bigger game for the program than whatever bowl game UConn goes to in December.

UConn really needs two transfer QB's who can play immediately. Fagnano is done and Evers is susceptible to injuries. Good news is Sammis' offense lends itself to a quality RPO QB.

I noticed #75 was on the field for the last play and was the lineman following Wright down the field. On the UConn roster Lundt is only player listed wearing #75. Was it Doriyan Johnson??
Temple has like 200 total yards. If that's the worst game of the year for the defense then I feel sorry for anyone we play moving forward

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Temple has like 200 total yards. If that's the worst game of the year for the defense then I feel sorry for anyone we play moving forward

Correct. Defense was put in crappy spots several times amd stood strong. As I said give some credit to Temple in that their backs always seemed to fall forward or break the first tackle.
UConn has been real good since Marylamd wrapping up ball carriers and minimizing yards after contact. Temple was way better than FAU or Buffalo at doing that.

Reaction Score
Correct. Defense was put in crappy spots several times amd stood strong. As I said give some credit to Temple in that their backs always seemed to fall forward or break the first tackle.
UConn has been real good since Marylamd wrapping up ball carriers and minimizing yards after contact. Temple was way better than FAU or Buffalo at doing that.
Agreed. The defense wasn't perfect but they only gave up 13 points, and mostly because of bad field position and turnovers. That last goal line stand alone should shield them from any criticism whatsoever.

Reaction Score

Evers will be back for Wake. So we’ll be back to perfect QB play again.

Wake beat NC State. Georgia State could be tricky.

Reaction Score

This is a very different team today than it was when the season started.

I think, for me at least, winning against either Wake or Cuse will prove that program has turned the corner.

Every team on the schedule with exception of Maryland, Duke, Wake and Cause is beatable.

That doesn't mean that we'll win against the remaining winnable games on the schedule, things happen, But IMO, we need a signature win and beating Wake and or Cuse will elevate the status of the program.

Reaction Score

I thought the defense was great and as bad as Fagnano was missing receivers it should have been just 1 turnover. He threw a strike to Sheffield which would've been a first down and it went through his hands for the interception. On the fumble Fagnano was down and the refs still blew the call after reviewing it.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I thought the defense was great and as bad as Fagnano was missing receivers it should have been just 1 turnover. He threw a strike to Sheffield which would've been a first down and it went through his hands for the interception. On the fumble Fagnano was down and the refs still blew the call after reviewing it.
They didn’t blow it, the call on the field was a fumble, which it looked like in real time, and there was zero evidence that he still had possession when his knee was down. If the positions were reversed I along with all of us would be livid if they overturned that call with no evidence to support that conclusion. In the end, hold on to the damn ball. “You’re killing me petey!”

Reaction Score
They didn’t blow it, the call on the field was a fumble, which it looked like in real time, and there was zero evidence that he still had possession when his knee was down. If the positions were reversed I along with all of us would be livid if they overturned that call with no evidence to support that conclusion. In the end, hold on to the damn ball. “You’re killing me petey!”
They absolutely blew it, his knee was down when he still had the ball.

Reaction Score
FWIW, the ref today, Marcus Woods, is considered one of the top referees in college football. He worked the National Championship game in January (Michigan vs. Washington).

Reaction Score
And that was not a good throw on the int. You don’t throw a fastball there; he played poorly throughout and showed us all what the coaches knew.

But that team stuck together, played thru countless mistakes and somehow won a game where most of us said, here we go again. I’ll focus on the positives. It’s good to feel good on sat night again.

Reaction Score

This place is so predictable. One of the best wins for this team in a decade and we have people complaining that the win wasn’t by a big enough margin.

Just keep winning! Keep developing and getting better.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Defense was exceptional for the most part. The offense continually put them in very bad/high leverage situations and they barely blinked

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And that was not a good throw on the int. You don’t throw a fastball there; he played poorly throughout and showed us all what the coaches knew.

But that team stuck together, played thru countless mistakes and somehow won a game where most of us said, here we go again. I’ll focus on the positives. It’s good to feel good on sat night again.
This is an area where Evers has a massive advantage on Fagnano. Evers has much better touch and puts the ball in catchable spots. Joe whips it like the receiver has 8 hands

Reaction Score
This is an area where Evers has a massive advantage on Fagnano. Evers has much better touch and puts the ball in catchable spots. Joe whips it like the receiver has 8 hands

Evers has hit a receiver in stride exactly zero times this season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Gotta disagree. The throw was right in the receiver's midsection. A FBS WR has to catch it. Maybe if the pass was away from the body amd it went through the hands you could say the pass had too much on it.

Reaction Score
Evers has hit a receiver in stride exactly zero times this season.
And we’re still making progress….,. 4-2 after all the years in the desert… Enjoy the imperfect wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom