Sooo... ummm .. whats the deal? | The Boneyard

Sooo... ummm .. whats the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

I was suppose to be traveling down to CT as I type but I am now holding off until tomorrow to decide if its a go or no go. Think UConn can get its act together and figure out WTF the deal is with a solid time and day before Saturday morning? Something tells me the longer we wait for an announcement the less likely it is there will be a game. This shouldn't be that complicated.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I think they'll announce when the game is at 1201 saturday morning so people have plenty of time to make plans to go :confused:

Reaction Score
They're supposed to announce by 6:00 PM. I'm surprised the whole staging thing couldn't have been done elsewhere on the property. It's not like there are mega units of supplies. There are only 100 soldiers and some tents. Frankly, given my experience with the CTARNG a few years after I returned from Vietnam, I'm surprised any of 'em know how to put up a tent at all or, hopefully, break camp and go back to the Armory. Outside of a few VN vets in the unit I served in for a year at the request of higher ups, I was shocked that several of my company didn't shoot themselves. I made it a point to never issue bayonets or night vision equipment lest injury or damage occur.

Reaction Score
They're supposed to announce by 6:00 PM. I'm surprised the whole staging thing couldn't have been done elsewhere on the property. It's not like there are mega units of supplies. There are only 100 soldiers and some tents. Frankly, given my experience with the CTARNG a few years after I returned from Vietnam, I'm surprised any of 'em know how to put up a tent at all or, hopefully, break camp and go back to the Armory. Outside of a few VN vets in the unit I served in for a year at the request of higher ups, I was shocked that several of my company didn't shoot themselves. I made it a point to never issue bayonets or night vision equipment lest injury or damage occur.

Yeah, ok. I'll believe it when I see it/hear it. Or wait, they will make an announcement. "UConn is awaiting word on whether the game will be held at Rentschler Field on Saturday or if alternate plans will be made. Stay tuned for more information in the coming days".

Reaction Score
i don't know why some of you seem to think UConn has anything to do with this. it's a state facility, and the state will use it until they're done with it. i doubt they'll know when they're done with it until the rest of the state has power, or at least until they have a handle on it. there are towns and neighborhoods that don't have power or water and some of them need supplies, but god forbid we inconvenience some people that want to watch us whoop a 1AA team.

Reaction Score
i don't know why some of you seem to think UConn has anything to do with this. it's a state facility, and the state will use it until they're done with it. i doubt they'll know when they're done with it until the rest of the state has power, or at least until they have a handle on it. there are towns and neighborhoods that don't have power or water and some of them need supplies, but god forbid we inconvenience some people that want to watch us whoop a 1AA team.

I know. But the Yale Bowl people say they can have it if they want it. I'm not saying they have to play the game at the Rent. I'm saying they should make a decision. It's already Wednesday. Presumably, one way or the other the game will be on Saturday. So if Malloy can't guarantee the Rent, play it at the Yale Bowl. That's fine. But make a decision so you don't keep the ticketholders hanging and so you have time to make arrangements for TV and all that.

Edit: Breaking news on Desmond Conner's twitter - the game will be at noon on Rentschler Field. Literally every time I've made a post about this, news has broken seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom