OT: - Songs with Only One Word in the Title | Page 41 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with Only One Word in the Title

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if anyone knows what the record is for the most posts in a "music related" thread? This one is really, really long.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sitting around a pals living room recently, with their 11 year old daughter complaining aboot everything, 'it's too hot! i'm hungry! when are we going!'
i was like 'ur kind of whiny, here, see this song, mebbe it will speak to you.'

afterward, she looks at me and sez ' that was harsh, why did you show it to me?'
she couldn't stop humming it the rest of the day, and seemed to make a conscious effort to just get along, other than asking me like a million times 'who is Donna?'
i was like, 'i don't know, just like i know that there are lots of things, all the time, that we don't know about, yet not worthy of whining about, when there's more better things to actually think about, like what flavor of ice cream we're going to choose when it's our turn... life is tricky like that, choose wisely, grasshopper.'

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a song aboot the Spanish-American war, tho as i understand it, popular in the Vietnam war cuz of our eternal longing for home. Galveston is a very nice place, just don't be there when hurricanes are on the menu.

Reaction Score
With 1000+ posts, this thread verifies my “Suspicion” (sung by Terri Stafford) that the off-season is really dragging and that boneyarders are chomping at the bit for practices to begin. I don’t know if anyone posted this song earlier, but I don’t want to review 1000+ posts.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
With 1000+ posts, this thread verifies my “Suspicion” (sung by Terri Stafford) that the off-season is really dragging and that boneyarders are chomping at the bit for practices to begin. I don’t know if anyone posted this song earlier, but I don’t want to review 1000+ posts.
im not chomping at the bit, and i don't spend time wishing my life away.
got oats?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
im not chomping at the bit, and i don't spend time wishing my life away.
got oats?

earlier last week, while standing in my buds barn watching him machine tool another thing (aboot 2 years ago, my wiper blade was messed up. mr wizard looks at it, grabs some zip ties, and bingo! factory perfect repair. i say, 'that should hold me till i get a new one.' he sez, 'ur not getting a new one until this one falls off, and it won't fall off.' he was right. still there.),
he turns around, and asks 'does it look like a cloud of something is passing by the doors?' 'yup.' we go outside, into the whirlwind, and see that his fleabags are running around like loonies, chasing each other, and raising a cloud of dust, cuz of the dryness.
once upon a time (twice!), i say to the sky and the fleabags, 'youse do absolutely nuthin around here. how aboot i yoke u up, and see if we can haul a log or two?' i macgyver some kind of harness - no help from them- and they just stand there and look at me like 'you crazy? what is this? and get this junk off of us, we got a nail appointment at four, and put some ice cubes in the water bucket already!'

it looked easy on tv.

Reaction Score
I couldn't find the name of this Shuffle Dance from Henan Province, China so I'll call it "Shuffle." I showed this to my granddaughter and she's actually getting "it." Fun for anyone who wants to give it a try...not me. The dancer's name is Qingqing, and she's delightful.

UHF

Reaction Score
PT-109.
Jimmy Dean.

The PT 109 was gone but Kennedy and his crew lived on.

UHF

Reaction Score
Conquistador.
Procol Harum.
self titled album.

Conquistador was released in 1967 on the album and then released as a single in 1972.

Link is a 1973 performance. Think someone posted a 2006 performance earlier in the thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom