OT: - Songs with Only One Word in the Title | Page 33 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with Only One Word in the Title

UHF

Reaction Score
Sunrise.
Buffalo.
Volcanic Rock album.

Live version at the link. Hard rock band from Australia that most never heard of.

UHF

Reaction Score
Frankenstein.
Edgar Winter.
They Only Come Out At Night album.

Album was released in 1972. Single was released in 1973.

Went thru 32 pages. Twice. Did not see this iconic classic rock song posted.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a solitary figure walks out on the stage.
the crowd is hushed, then the lights come on....
bring it!

dancing around by herself - kiss my grits!
kinda epic, no? it is in my book.

i can catch the moon in my hand!
iffn kali redwoods are one of the oldest living things, say around 3000 years, then you can say that the art, and science, of body language is older than trees. read some of the ancients on this stuff.
this performance should be exhibit A in the wiki for the topic.
in addition to her movement being beyond expressive - gliding across the stage, with her back to us, and waving her hands delicately but forcefully across her butt and in the air ('das right, im it, kiss my grits!' hehe, you can't touch this, becuz Im bad, im bad, you know it, im bad!), her facial expressions, linked to every word of her message, are outstanding. no mistaking her point - remember my name! Im gonna live forever, and light up the sky like a flame! the snarls are epic, and demand attention
baby you look at me,
and TELL ME
what you see!

whattayou lookin at?

Greta Garbo and Monroe
Dietrich and DiMaggio
Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean
On the cover of a magazine
Grace Kelly, Harlow, Jean
Picture of a beauty queen
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
Ginger Rogers, dance on air

strike a pose, just don't be a poser cuz every sentient monkey can tell. it's in ur body language.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the King! they all learned it from joe cool, even the pharoahs.
u walk around cranky people with a 'snoopydance' pose, well, just watch their heads explode.

there's a 'snoopy' museum in tokyo.
'snoopydance' - one word for some folks.
ol snoop is far too nice to say 'kiss my grits,' he just let's his body language say it for him.
cheese and crackers, talk aboot 'living forever.' the dude owns that. he don't even have to say 'remember me, forever.'

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
no matter how much i try, still can't find 'uptownfunk,' my fav recent tune, as a one worder, despite my unshaken faith in one of us monkeys reliably mangling the grammar. oh, well.
i'll try this beat once again. hey! it says 'clean' on the descrip! cut us apes some slack here!

im pretty sure he stole this bassline from a 60s tune.

Reaction Score
Some upbeat fun from Korean triplets who play unique instruments and have nice voices and an attractive presentation. You may remember them from their song "Million Roses." If not, that's really good too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Some upbeat fun from Korean triplets who play unique instruments and have nice voices and an attractive presentation. You may remember them from their song "Million Roses." If not, that's really good too.

hehe, sounds like bulgogi meets fried gator.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
guys flashing a lot of UConn brand aboot a minute or so in.

billion and a quarter hits, i hope the pr department is tuned in cuz it's still a popular song.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I never could figure out if this was done tongue in cheek or was an honest to goodness country song from a band that really isn't country...but either way it sounds like the genuine article to me.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, this one has 3.3 billion views. It's not quite Despacito (7.9 bil. and counting), but that's a lot of clicks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Some cross pollination with HANA and Grimes. HANA isn't really dead in the first video, she just lays there motionless the whole time. But the DJ guy i_o did pass away in 2020, he was only 30 years old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom