Songs with "nonsense" titles. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Songs with "nonsense" titles.

Reaction Score

Interestingly, this is a cover by Manfred Mann of the song originally recorded by The Exciters. Obviously, this is very much and without question the definitive version.
Ditto for Good Loving by The Young Rascals, which was pretty much the same arrangement as the version recorded by The Originals, who changed the words from the original recording by Lemme B. Good.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Interestingly, this is a cover by Manfred Mann of the song originally recorded by The Exciters. Obviously, this is very much and without question the definitive version.
Ditto for Good Loving by The Young Rascals, which was pretty much the same arrangement as the version recorded by The Originals, who changed the words from the original recording by Lemme B. Good.
The Exciters had several hits including "A Little Bit of Soap" and "Tell Him". The Originals song is titled "Good Loving is Just a Dime Away" and it is credited to Lamont Dozier, and released in 1975. The Young Rascals song titled "Good Lovin' " was released in 1966 and is credited to Rudy Clark and Authur Resnick. Lemme B. Good released a version in 1965 that was quite similar, as did The Olympics. At some point the Dave Clark Five also covered the song. Quite a history as with so many songs. Interesting as you said, interesting for sure.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Took a little bit of digging to find that one? ;)

I actually have that song on an IRS Records compilation CD called "These People are Nuts!"
There was a DJ in Pittsburgh that used to play this tune for laughs. I still remember it!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
There is an older version of this song out there, but Creedence's version is pretty good.

Roy Orbison did the original version, I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom