Songs to Teach Students | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Songs to Teach Students

Reaction Score
another classic to feature multiple piano/keyboard players

Reaction Score
And if you want to go with the greatest pop song of all time, and hear an explanation of why it's the greatest pop song of all time

if you like music this is a seriously good listen

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
As a CT “school of rock” volunteer teaching assistant , this thread has been wholly entertaining. :) Thanks Hey Adrien, good job! I already know you know what to do with your kids. I love reading the by suggestions though . 90% of which trained adults couldn’t pull off . Lol.

Give ‘em material to have fun with. You already know what that is better than us. but if still stuck, pm me.

Reaction Score
Overall, a tiring but fun week!

The 5th/6th group learned “Back in Black…pretty fun: I mostly held down the beat while one kid tried drums for the first time. The guitar and piano player were the stars.

My 7th/8th grade group of mostly girls learned “Style” by Taylor Swift and “Happier than Ever” by Billie Eilish. Pretty easy songs to learn and got to teach someone how to play bass. Played drums on those songs ones.

Exhausted, but a fun experience!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The extended version of Green Grass and High Tides by the Outlaws.
A good 20+ minute jam session to end the school year.
If you are going for a long keyboard anthem, I'll just leave this right here.

Reaction Score
I. Ron Butterfly

I haven’t used that one yet but will be adding to the memory bank.

Reaction Score
Late to the party and not sure that I have a valid suggestion of a song to teach, but maybe something to encourage/inspire young folks that if they have a dream to play music, that dream is attainable with a good work ethic and a lot of practice.
(this may drop into the "absurd response" category)

The story of "The Warning" rock band is unique.

3 sisters from Monterrey, Mexico (English as a second language) had a dream from a very young age to perform rock music.
Played the video game 'Rock Band' as tiny kids and watched a lot of concert videos with their parents.
Learned a lot of covers of 'classic rock' and put in the time to really learn their instruments.
2014 - Covered Enter Sandman note-for-note and put it on YouTube. 23.5 million views and a nod from Kirk Hammett - ages 14, 12 & 9.
2021 - Invited by Metallica to contribute to the 'Blacklist' compilation album with pop star Alessia Cara. 1.7 mil views so far.
March 2022 - Opened for the Foo Fighters in Mexico City in front of 55,000 fans.
North American tour starting this month. Over 35 original songs and 1 concept album released to date.

A 20 min doc that tells most of the story.

A 26 min fan-made vid that chronicles their evolution from the beginning.
The Warning - Still Evolving (2009-2022) 4kHD

There is a 6 part mini-doc on YT titled "Mayday in the Making" that describes their latest recording process with a lot of additional insights.

I'll show my fanboi self to the door now...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom