OT: - Songs that make you Happy | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs that make you Happy

Reaction Score
An early Billy Joel song that may not necessarily tell the happiest story, but it always made me happy to hear it with how great a song it is. Joel has recently also declared it to be his most favorite song of all he has written and played. A classic story:

Reaction Score
Kind of resurrecting the thread, I ran across this one on an Audacy oldies station. I haven't heard it in awhile but I really liked this one from the Turtles.

Reaction Score
This? Makes you happy? What are you, a yankee? :D
Ha. Nope. Was born in Detroit, but two weeks later I realized my mistake and headed south for good. Levon Helm just makes me happy. :p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ha. Nope. Was born in Detroit, but two weeks later I realized my mistake and headed south for good. Levon Helm just makes me happy. :p
Ah, but you were born a yankee. ;)

Have you listened to his daughter?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

That's music royalty there -- her mother is Libby Titus, buddy of Carly Simon, wrote with Burt Bacharach, married to Donald Fagan.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A colleague of mine just got back from three months in France. He said there's much less PDA than the last time he spent time there, about five years ago. I asked, "So in France they don't kiss on main street any more?" There were five other people at the table, and none of them got the allusion. I'm surrounded by heathens at work.

(I'm still pissed Jaco Pastorius died so young.)

Reaction Score

Nice one. Thanks for that. And, I'm slow but I'm catching up now. The song I posted was supposed to be in the country/folk thread not the songs that make you happy thread. :confused: So, your question was legit, but I stand by my answer....Levon makes me happy. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
OK, with tongue planted firmly in cheek (and now that the Dislike button is gone)....
The Beat Farmers - Happy Boy
This was called the "Friday Song" on I-95FM radio in Danbury and played every Friday (a long time ago).

I actually caught The Beat Farmers live years ago. Opening act was Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper.

Reaction Score
Throw back minimalist rockabilly vibes. Always perk up when I hear this one.

Reaction Score

Emy Jackson Say yes my boy (a very old song from Japan)​

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom