songs in a language other than English | The Boneyard

songs in a language other than English

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This of course has infinite possibilities. Historically I've listened to almost exclusively English language music. But I've gotten into folk metal, and it seems like most of that is in various other languages. It changes the listening experience somewhat when you have absolutely no idea what the words mean.

Here's a Russian band I like quite a bit.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This of course has infinite possibilities. Historically I've listened to almost exclusively English language music. But I've gotten into folk metal, and it seems like most of that is in various other languages. It changes the listening experience somewhat when you have absolutely no idea what the words mean.
OK! Here are three consecutive posts featuring Polkas with lyrics not in English. Only one of the Polkas is in Polish or any other east European language. ;):)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot I went thru a Cajun phase a while ago. I wonder what French people think of what happened to their language in the bayou?

This group has some of the sweetest fiddlin' I ever heard.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
First Aid Kit are Swedish sisters. All of their albums have been in English. They did a remake of a hit song in Sweden from the 70s (produced by the guys from ABBA). They recorded it in both English and Swedish.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is a cover of a song from a video game. I've gathered the song is fairly tongue in cheek, totally stereotyping Western views of Russia during the Cold War era. Here are various Russian artists more than happy to play along with the stereotypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom