Songs About Time

Reaction Score
"It was in a time, yesterday...now a memory...so far away"

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'i am the hawk, and there's blood on my feathers,
but time is still turning, they soon will be dry...'

saw two baldies hanging out in a dead tree a couple days back, on the bank of the menunketesuck near where it flows into the salt water. prolly just arguing aboot what to eat for dinner- river, or ocean catch of the day?
lol.

Reaction Score
We grew up with Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers. Roy took his six shooter to the movies and TV, but the Pioneers went on and on. We saw them in Branson, Mo. about 10 years ago and they were as good as ever. I believe that they still perform. Love this particular song, but dozens of others too....

Reaction Score
Santana, "Shades of Time" - from that great debut album:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ayreon does a lot of time-related stuff, including an entire album about time travel. This isn't from that one, but an interesting album about a group of people from different times and places who have to escape from a castle. Arjen was able to arrange a live performance of it in 2020, including most of the original vocalists. This is the finale.

Reaction Score
"But today is nearly over
It's nearly over now, it's nearly gone
And tomorrow doesn't matter now".......

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I did not see this song posted, it's a cover by Alyona of Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight". She does all of the music to include the percussion.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
"Can You Feel the Love Tonight" cover by Pentatonix.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
greenday, wheezer, and this gang, last friday night in hershey.
i sure hope someone makes that concert film, cuz it wuz gooooooood.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Beatles - "Any Time at All"

The second side of A Hard Day's Night may be the greatest accomplishment in the history of rock music. It was put together in seven days -- after recording the music for the movie they were told, "Oh, by the way, this is only one side of an LP, we need the second side in a week." So they wrote and recorded the whole thing in a week. And it has some of their best music: this cut, Things We Said Today, You Can't Do That, I'll Cry Instead. (When I Get Home and the one about "You must have better things to do than to break my heart again", not sure of the title, are way better than the album filler typical of 1964, too.)

It's not Kind of Blue, but it's the Kind of Blue of pop music.

Reaction Score
The second side of A Hard Day's Night may be the greatest accomplishment in the history of rock music. It was put together in seven days -- after recording the music for the movie they were told, "Oh, by the way, this is only one side of an LP, we need the second side in a week." So they wrote and recorded the whole thing in a week. And it has some of their best music: this cut, Things We Said Today, You Can't Do That, I'll Cry Instead. (When I Get Home and the one about "You must have better things to do than to break my heart again", not sure of the title, are way better than the album filler typical of 1964, too.)

It's not Kind of Blue, but it's the Kind of Blue of pop music.

I totally agree BB, it's a mind boggling superb album, it appears on just about everyone's list of the greatest albums of all time. For the title they decided to use one of Ringo's malapropisms "It's been a hard day's night". Trouble was , they had no song for the title. Hey John, what can you do? So he goes home and writes the title song in one night. Incredible. And to knock out that second side as you described.......just no words....

The song you are hinting at BB is "I'll Be Back Again" - incredible track, and it has a hint of time passing:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom