Songs About Roads, Bridges, and Highways | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Songs About Roads, Bridges, and Highways

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes.

A rare talent, opening act for Steve Vai when she was 15, and sharing the stage with Santana when she was 18. And then she came to LA.

Check out her latest album "O". Total rock and not a bad song in the lot.
She has also played w/ Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper and Ritchie Sambora.

I've heard some of her early solo stuff, I'll have to check out her latest.

Reaction Score
She has also played w/ Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper and Ritchie Sambora.

I've heard some of her early solo stuff, I'll have to check out her latest.
I know. She's played with damn near everybody, at their request. And yes, her latest is, in my humble opinion, an incredible piece of rock music. And there are only three musicians - Orianthi for all guitar parts and all vocal parts, Evan Frederiksen on drums and bass, and Marti Frederiksen (producer) percussion and bass.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted yet

Not sure if it has either, but if it was posted three or four times, that would be fine. It's one of the best road songs ever. Over the course, I must have heard this 500 times. Still love it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
kanan road is a very big deal coming out of the santa monica mts.
'driving over kanan, singing to my soul,
there's people out there turning music into gold...'

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted yet

Yes, it was #2 and you gave it a like. No problem. I agree with DJB, that it can't be loved enough. I was going to put up Going Up The Country but I thought it might not count....oh well...they went up the country on a road--right? And "the water tastes like wine." Sad to say, also, that all four of them have passed. RIP Canned Heat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, it was #2 and you gave it a like. No problem. I agree with DJB, that it can't be loved enough. I was going to put up Going Up The Country but I thought it might not count....oh well...they went up the country on a road--right? And "the water tastes like wine." Sad to say, also, that all four of them have passed. RIP Canned Heat.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. You bet, it counts.

In those days, I was a Viet Nam vet, with long hair, a beard and enjoying some herb with a girlfriend with whom I shared a Volkswagen van named "Go Between" driving all along the California coast looking for reasons, and above all, clear dreams. This is a song that helped to change a life.

And RIP, Canned Heat. We'll see you some day.

Reaction Score

Rodney Crowell looks back on his boyhood days… comes off a great album, and a departure somewhat in style for Crowell, The Houston Kid,

Reaction Score

From Shane MacGowen, with The Popes, after he got thrown out of The Pogues. One of the great songwriters and one of the most, if not the most, self-abusive musician(s) in an industry legendary for them. Great performer who frequently looked like he was about to fall over or pass out while on stage.

Reaction Score

Rodney Crowell looks back on his boyhood days… comes off a great album, and a departure somewhat in style for Crowell, The Houston Kid,

To clarify, same name about the same road, but different tune than the Steve Earle song Scud posted (which is a great song BTW)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom