Songs About Frustration, Disappointment, and the Blues | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Songs About Frustration, Disappointment, and the Blues

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Trouble was my only friend"

Only Friend - The Temperance Movement

Reaction Score
A movie was actually made about using this song to cause people to kill themselves.

Reaction Score

A shoutout to Zorro for posting John Prine, one of THE great songwriters. This song has one amazing back story, the seed planted that eventually became this classic is Lennon’s Across the Universe.
Prine was trying to recreate Lennon’s voice reverb from the song and used the phrase Hello In There as he tried to recreate the sound. He had an affection for older people as he had delivered newspapers as a boy and one of his stops was room by room to an old persons home, some of whom he got close to. The phrase eventually grew into an absolute poignant gem of a song about growing old and growing lonely.

So true, such a great, great, poignant song. I didn't know the backstory on it - thanks for all that. I saw him live here in Indianapolis around 1989 or so - he sang this one along with many of his other great songs. A true American treasure, he is missed.

Reaction Score
The studio version by Cooper and Gaga is very good. This live version at the Oscars, with no time to warm up, well ... not so much. Love the arrangement/lyrics.

A great song. Cooper and Gaga just awesome ..

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Early in this thread, I posted Tom Rush's version of Joni Mitchell's The Circle Game. I found new meaning in the lyric "TEARFUL AT THE FALLING OF A STAR." And then the ultimate message of the song in the lyric, " THERE'LL BE NEW DREAMS, MAYBE BETTER DREAMS AND PLENTY."

Here is the story behind arguably Joni Mitchell's best song from the sixties, a wonderful time to be alive.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is a widely done folk song, this version from Eliza Carthy. It’s hard to tell who’s more disappointed and frustrated, the lad or the lass.

Reaction Score
“Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
It's not always going to be this grey
All things must pass”

And before too long Paige, Azzi, Nika and Aubrey will all be healthy and back in the lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom