Songs about drunks | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Songs about drunks

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a good version of this from the "Dead skunk in the middle of the road" guy. ;)

My second overseas trip (and first vacation) was to Ireland. We based much of our itinerary on folk songs -- went to O'Carolan's grave, took the Road to Lisdoonvarna, a few other places. But Carrickfergus is in the North, which we didn't get to. Next time, if the current spitstorm ever passes.

(Geez, LRIII really slayed this song.)

Reaction Score
Couldn't say it better. I, too had Loudon type cast as a "satirical" singer (if there is such a thing) after his "dead skunk" record (a song I liked a lot, btw) but the strength of his voice in "Carrick Fergus" really surprised me. There's a serious side to his singing. Well done.

Reaction Score
Somehow I totally missed this thread.

I guess I'm surprised it isn't up to somewhere in the high 90's for page count with what seems like half of the songs ever written having something to do with drinking.

I'll run through it when I get the time and try to post something that isn't a repeat.

Reaction Score
One from my formative years.
Winwood, who sang the song, was 21 at the time of recording.
Though he had been playing professionally since he was 14.
Unfortunately, it was a one and done album for Blind Faith. The year that it was released (1969) was possibly the most momentous of the Century.
(Moon landing and Woodstock among others).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom