Somewhere in ESPN's ACC/B1G Challenge Creme Again Proves His Horse's Rump Bona Fides | The Boneyard

Somewhere in ESPN's ACC/B1G Challenge Creme Again Proves His Horse's Rump Bona Fides

Reaction Score

It's buried in there but Charlie, yet again, surrenders to his syndrome, this time picking ND on Sunday. At least he seems to acknowledge he has a problem.

"Creme: I should know better than to pick against UConn."

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Was this written before or after the Golden Domers lost to the Turtles
Published before the turtles beat the GDers. Think he'll change his mind now?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just to feed the "ESPN hates UConn and loves everyone else" theme, ESPN just put out an incredibly long and detained article on Olivia Miles . Saccharine Sweet Alert.,

Description of MD loss

After opening the season with six straight wins, Miles and Notre Dame encountered their first taste of adversity Thursday night, dropping a heartbreaker at home to Maryland, 74-72. With 55 seconds to go and Notre Dame trailing by two, Miles snagged a defensive board and sprinted up the court toward the basket. Swerving through the lane, Miles flicked the ball off the backboard with her right hand as she was fouled. Her free throw put the Fighting Irish on top, but only temporarily. It was Miles at her best, but it wasn't enough. Plagued by foul trouble all night, Miles finished with 14 points, 4 rebounds and 7 assists. There's no time to sulk.

(sic) But she did miss a critical (contested) bucket

And no Nika mention?? for Sunday game

Next up is No. 3 UConn (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, ABC), a storied rival that has beaten Notre Dame by an average of 21.5 points in their past two meetings. It will feature a showdown between two of the best sophomores in the country: Azzi Fudd vs. Olivia Miles.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just to feed the "ESPN hates UConn and loves everyone else" theme, ESPN just put out an incredibly long and detained article on Olivia Miles . Saccharine Sweet Alert.,

Description of MD loss

After opening the season with six straight wins, Miles and Notre Dame encountered their first taste of adversity Thursday night, dropping a heartbreaker at home to Maryland, 74-72. With 55 seconds to go and Notre Dame trailing by two, Miles snagged a defensive board and sprinted up the court toward the basket. Swerving through the lane, Miles flicked the ball off the backboard with her right hand as she was fouled. Her free throw put the Fighting Irish on top, but only temporarily. It was Miles at her best, but it wasn't enough. Plagued by foul trouble all night, Miles finished with 14 points, 4 rebounds and 7 assists. There's no time to sulk.

(sic) But she did miss a critical (contested) bucket

And no Nika mention?? for Sunday game

Next up is No. 3 UConn (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, ABC), a storied rival that has beaten Notre Dame by an average of 21.5 points in their past two meetings. It will feature a showdown between two of the best sophomores in the country: Azzi Fudd vs. Olivia Miles.
Her shot on ND’s last possession was not a good one.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

It's buried in there but Charlie, yet again, surrenders to his syndrome, this time picking ND on Sunday. At least he seems to acknowledge he has a problem.

"Creme: I should know better than to pick against UConn."
The dope somehow sees this as crediting him in some way if he's wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If ND had won, I could see some picking them over UCONN. I hope it's not a close game but it could be. I know what i HOPE happens, but no idea what to expect. If Nika and Lou get into foul trouble, it could be a long slog for UCONN. We will see soon enough. Let's whallop PC as a warm up and get our chemistry and flow working well for Sunday!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If ND had won, I could see some picking them over UCONN. I hope it's not a close game but it could be. I know what i HOPE happens, but no idea what to expect. If Nika and Lou get into foul trouble, it could be a long slog for UCONN. We will see soon enough. Let's whallop PC as a warm up and get our chemistry and flow working well for Sunday!
From my vantage ND matches up poorly against UConn. Since they lack overall team speed they've nothing to slow Nika and the transition game, nothing to really cover Azzi, nothing to stop AE inside (unless Egbo lays on top of her), and no real 3 point shooter beyond Citron to keep the UConn weak side help honest. Unlike the preseason pundits I never saw ND, Tenn, Louisville, or NC St. as true threats to the FF.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What I find so puzzling is how so many only look at the records of teams early in a season and see a 6-0 record by a P5 team as a sign that they are really really good and worthy of top 10 status. The reality being they have yet to play a ranked team and so have not really been challenged.

ND is a prime example - the first ranked team they play (at home) beats them. I think ND is a good team, but ...
Similarly, LSU has played a dreadful schedule sits at 7-0 and continues to rise up the rankings.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am sure Nika doesn't care.
I'd like to see Nika guard Miles so close it seems as though she's inside her uniform with her. Baby............that's close. ;) In this game I want Nika to be the BIGGEST gnat she can be. It's very hard to play tight defense for 40 minutes, but it's well worth it. The satisfaction derived from that level of effort is unparalleled. It's been proven that Miles can quickly become frustrated if things aren't going well for her. Miles is the straw that stirs the drink for ND. They are a different team when she's on the bench. UConn should win this game by double digits, but anything can happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom