Sometimes ugly is pretty. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sometimes ugly is pretty.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This team will win games just the way the won today. Grind it out. Take care of every possession. Play tough defense.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Can’t believe Vital didn’t dunk at the end. It’s ok to make it a two possession game at that point
Was he the guy whose dunk attempt was blocked in first half?

Reaction Score
First since 2016 I think they said on ESPN. Had lost our prior 16 matchups or something

Actually 1-16. Syracuse was ranked #15 when we beat them last year.

Like that team, I don't expect Florida to be ranked the rest of the year, but it still counts.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Like that team, I don't expect Florida to be ranked the rest of the year, but it still counts.

1574040169244.png

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah, but if he clangs it off the rim and they hit a heave, he'd be the dumbest player on sportscenter tonight.

Ultimately he did the right thing...
He also started celebrating before it was over and almost got it stole.

didn’t say it was the smarter play just surprised he didn’t do it

Reaction Score
He also started celebrating before it was over and almost got it stole.

didn’t say it was the smarter play just surprised he didn’t do it
Apparently rewatching it the ref called a foul on the guy who attempted to steal it from him. Didn’t matter though but I’ll mark it down as a 5 point win bc Vital is automatic at the line

Reaction Score

Right m, that was the stretch in which we only beat one other ranked team

and unfortunately I agree regarding Florida’s ranking

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can’t believe Vital didn’t dunk at the end. It’s ok to make it a two possession game at that point

I'll take the other side of that coin. Finally using his head. In fact, it's exactly the opposite of what he would have done prior to this year

Reaction Score
I'll take the other side of that coin. Finally using his head. In fact, it's exactly the opposite of what he would have done prior to this year
Yeah, decent chance he gets blocked or at best has to rush that shot if he takes it

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Bruh

He’s not totally wrong about that. There were like under 10 seconds left and he was in position to facial Florida and blow the roof off the joint. Did he make the right basketball decision to pull back ? Probably . Especially for Christian who maybe overcompensated a bit to show team maturity. I’ll applaud that and call it big progress for him, but it woulda been sweet.l!

Reaction Score
Switching gears a bit, good news that a couple of recruits were at Gampel yesterday. Donovan Clingan(sp?) one of them.

Reaction Score
I thought he could’ve but rewatching it he Florida player is gaining ground and probably could’ve made a play on the block. Likely would’ve been a foul but why do we care, he made a smart safe decision and we still won

Reaction Score
Was lucky enough to win the JetBlue seat upgrade and sit closer than I ever have before. Truly different watching down there. The speed is incredible, especially between two athletic teams like UF and us. I honestly didn’t think it was an ugly game. We played smart and composed throughout. Everyone played within themselves. Polley getting hot was great to see; we got him the ball when he was hot. I’ll continue to say he needs about 7-8 3 point attempts per game. Akok, Carlton and Whaley were beasts on the glass. Akok is a defensive menace. Whaley was incredible off the bench in his minutes. Loved what I saw and super stoked to be headed to Charleston Thursday. See y’all down there.

Reaction Score
Was lucky enough to win the JetBlue seat upgrade and sit closer than I ever have before. Truly different watching down there. The speed is incredible, especially between two athletic teams like UF and us. I honestly didn’t think it was an ugly game. We played smart and composed throughout. Everyone played within themselves. Polley getting hot was great to see; we got him the ball when he was hot. I’ll continue to say he needs about 7-8 3 point attempts per game. Akok, Carlton and Whaley were beasts on the glass. Akok is a defensive menace. Whaley was incredible off the bench in his minutes. Loved what I saw and super stoked to be headed to Charleston Thursday. See y’all down there.
Exactly we gotta design plays for CV and Polley for 3s, Carlton to post up 1on1 and Akok for an elbow or baseline jumpers. We shouldn’t be too keen to drive every play. But the drive should be from AG and he should mix in a drive and dish and a finish

Reaction Score
he had clear path at least from my vantage, but yeah.... anything possible
It’s not about the path, which was clear. He had a big guy like 2 steps behind him. To control the shot, he would have to slow down, whereas the defender does not have to slow down. I could have seen him getting it tipped away from behind.

Reaction Score
It’s not about the path, which was clear. He had a big guy like 2 steps behind him. To control the shot, he would have to slow down, whereas the defender does not have to slow down. I could have seen him getting it tipped away from behind.
He literally had a fast break dunk blocked in the first half. We won the game. He made a smart play. Why is this so hard?

Reaction Score
Yea and he could’ve gotten hurt if he went up, we’ve seen it happen to many that they land awkwardly. Just a really smart mature play to not risk anything and take the win

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom